hodson light box alternative

and any other non-chem subjects.
Jen2
State/Location: WA

hodson light box alternative

Post by Jen2 »

I'm feeling lazy and I get sick of carting out the power supply boxes for the Hodson light boxes. Does anyone know of an alternative light box that just plugs straight into the mains power?
superbug
State/Location: NSW

Re: hodson light box alternative

Post by superbug »

Not aware of anything but we keep 10 transformers in each classroom so I only have to cart around the light boxes.
nickykinz
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: St Augustine's College
Suburb: Augustine Heights
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickykinz »

It's the only one I know of but you can plug two into one power pack by piggy backing them. Only half as many to lug around then.
Nicky
;)
St Augustine's College
Augustine Heights, QLD 4300
elly
Job Title: scientific assistant
School: St Anthony's Catholic College
Suburb: townsville
State/Location: QLD

Post by elly »

Hi,
We have mini transformers which I think were originally available with the light box kits and are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. They aren't available anymore but I had a look on the IEC website and their replacement seems to be LB2610-001. There is a PDF with the stock number with info (suitable for Hodson light box and fits inside the foam box.) It says that it weighs 4.4kg but I think that it is less than 1kg. I noticed too that it is exactly the same as the power supply with our STELR equipment. (Are you a STELR school or know of one nearby so that you can check it out.) The STELR spares are available from IEC , you have to ask for a price list but it only takes 5mins by email. I don't know how that renamed STELR item ST090-01 at $50 compares to the LB2610-001 in price.

Hope this helps