Sourcing Replacement Tubes for Vacuum Scale Stand

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

Sourcing Replacement Tubes for Vacuum Scale Stand

Post by MariaC »

Hi Guys,
Our vacuum scale stand is missing its first tube, 0.03mg Hg does any one know off a supplier who sells the tubes individually? Ta muchly MariaC :D
dime

Re: Sourcing Replacement Tubes for Vacuum Scale Stand

Post by dime »

You might be best to replace the lot. When I replaced ours a long time ago, I vaguely remember the head teacher saying at the time that the effectiveness of the pressure in the tubes reduces over time. So better to get new ones all at once. That is providing that the ones you have left are all quite old. I kept our old stand though as the new stand was cheap and nasty and just put the new tubes in the old stand.
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by MariaC »

Thanks Dime! So the tubes were the same size? Do you know what brand the old one was, ours is VERY OLD a Kagaku kyorisha, did you get the new one from serrata?

Cheers MariaC
dime

Post by dime »

Yes that was the brand of the old ones. And yes, I think I did buy the new one from Serrata, and they fitted into the old stand. Mind you I am talking over 13 years ago! :?
ELIZABETH
School: O'Connor Catholic College
Suburb: Armidale

Post by ELIZABETH »

We just bought a new set and a dedicated power-source with a stand....best $500 I've spent for ages.
I'll PM you the supplier.
Liz