Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives
State/Location: NSW

endoscope

Post by Krysia Lee »

Hi Everyone
We are in the middle of preparing our budget for next year and one of the teachers wants me to price an endoscope. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
What the hell is he intending on doing with that. Does anyone else have one in their school. Do you know where I may be able to get a price for one?
thanks
Krysia
dime

Re: endoscope

Post by dime »

Does the teacher know what he/she is asking for? Maybe they want to start up a sideline business taking photos of funny places. Oh dear, my imagination is running wild! Whatever...it would be a bit expensive for a school though, wouldn't it? :oops:
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Post by Krysia Lee »

Mine too Dime. I keep thinking how far helpful does a lab assistant have to be? Turns out you can get them pretty cheaply of ebay. Good enough for what we want. Roughly $30.00. He is going to just demonstrate on tubing how it works.
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore

Post by Robdean »

Funny you should ask...we actually do have an endoscope in a lovely hard case. A past student actually found it at the dump, so the story goes, and brought it in for our Senior Science / Chem teacher who used to be a vet. I guess there may be a few bits missing and / or it doesn't actually work like it used to but the teacher was very excited to see it and it gets trotted out every now and again when he shows some of his old vet gear.
nickyw
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickyw »

A vet turned teacher???? WHY????

After the yr 9 class I just witnessed and the poor frazzled teacher :redcard: .......Give me a sick cow any day. [-o<
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

I just had a look on ebay the boss wants one now,(2M Mini USB Borescope Endoscope Waterproof Inspection Snake Tube Video Camera)
I'm going to order it I'll let you know how it goes.

Even field trips; inside tree trucks, trap door spider holes could be fun :thumbup:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

when I saw this post I thought "WHAT!!!" ... but makes some sense!
we also have as teachers:
an ex-vet, an ex-chef, ex- State Forest Ranger, ex-research metallurgist[PHd and all!] and our HOD is an ex-priest...
and me - I am an ex-industrial chemist and ex- Research Assistant for prof of Chemistry at Uni.. so we are a staff of ex's!!!
and of all of them I am the EXpert!
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

I read endoscope and immediately thought medical endoscope :O

Macca, your applications sound much more....school friendly :lol: