thermometer in dishwasher

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

thermometer in dishwasher

Post by RosalieM »

Has anyone tried putting thermometers through the dishwasher when kids haven't wiped them down and you have no idea what is on them? I probably could have washed them in the time taken to ask this question but that is beside the point... I can't imagine a dishwasher would do any damage because it's not like it will be over 110 degrees in there!
dime

Re: thermometer in dishwasher

Post by dime »

I suppose it depends how many need washing. I usually just rinse under hot water with a brush. All done and dusted in seconds. Take too long to stack and unstack wouldn't it?
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Not when my access to my sink is in its current state!! Will take me a while to clear it... It is the communal dumping ground for teachers so I go through stages where I refuse to move the stuff... but then it builds up like now and I realise once again that no one has got my point...
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Shame you cant put it all on their desks!!!!
Unless they are mercury thermometers, why dont you try one and see what happens!
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

If they are the standard 0-110 degree C thermometers, it should not be a problem if they are placed in the glassware tray at the top. We have some thermometers that only go up to 50 deg. They would not cope with dishwasher temperatures!

cheers
Ian