Maverick
Job Title: ESO Science/Art
School: Tyndale Christian School
Suburb: Salisbury East
State/Location: SA

Camera on ceiling

Post by Maverick »

Hi all,

This may a bit of a long shot, I was just wondering if anyone had a set up in a lab where you may have a camera attached to the ceiling looking down on a demonstration which then is projected through a data projector. Our teachers are looking at implementing such a set up. I am completely clueless about all this kind of stuff so if you do can you please email some further information about it i.e. type of camera, any software involved and any other information which might help me start this investigation rolling.

Thanks so much,
Linda.
sunray18
State/Location: NSW

Re: Camera on ceiling

Post by sunray18 »

Our Food Tech rooms have a set up for this ...I do not know any details
We use a data Flex Camera, whihc is portable. It stands on the desk and we then focus it onto the experiment. The image then goes through the Data Projector and onto the board. You can also use this with a microscope.
amandag
State/Location: VIC

Post by amandag »

After watching ACA may be some teachers might not want to have a record of their class..... :crazy: but we also use an IPHONE in a retort stand..if they can't be bother setting up the Motocam system..
Matt_Coffs

Post by Matt_Coffs »

We sometimes use the webcam in our laptops pointed at the bench then displayed with the data projector.
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

We have very recently purchased the AverVision camera that was the topic of one of the workshops at St Mary's

It costs about $1350 with a microscope attachment that cost $ 75.

It is a goose neck camera that can be used as a video camera , a still camera or to simply transmit to a smart board, computer or tv (plus other things probably)

The images can be saved to a memory card or flash drive or to a computer hard drive.

It is controled from the panel or a hand held remote.It could rather easily be set up to take pictures from overhead by placing and clamping the body to a stool or ladder with the camera facing the demonstration. Otherwise the pictures could be from a side view.

So far we have only used it to show microscope slides onto the smart board so the teacher knows the kids are seeing what she wants them to.
m

Post by m »

we use a video flex camera but I have attended cooking classes where a large mirror (or even stainless steel sheet would work) is placed at an angle above the demonstration. we were seated in tiers though so that may make a difference to the angle. It worked very well and appeared to be a simple set up
maria
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

We too have an AverVision camera. It means you can project a page from a book onto the data projector without having to make it into an overhead first. It is also good for live shots, such as being able to open a textbook onto a specific diagram, and holding a protractor onto an angle and measuring it in front of the kids. :thumbup:

I haven't ever used it to film a demo, but it's probably possible. Maybe I'll try that out!
Cheers, K 8-)