Stocktake program

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
sunray18
State/Location: NSW

Stocktake program

Post by sunray18 »

Does anyone use Scilist - and is it any good?
bernie
State/Location: QLD

Re: Stocktake program

Post by bernie »

I have used it for several years and find it great, (once it is set up). I had all my info in an excell file and the Scilist people transfered it on for me, I don't know if they still do that, as I was one of their first customers. I don't know that I would like to have to enter all my stock on to it.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

What is Scilisit?
bernie

Post by bernie »

It is a stocktaking program that keeps track of all your stock and what qtys are required etc. As I get equipment in I add or take off any equipment and then at the end of the year when I do a stocktake it is very easy
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Is it a Queensland thing? Can anyone access it? How much does it cost?

(questions! questions!!)
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Just google it they have a website!!
pkij
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Good Shepherd Catholic College
Suburb: Mount Isa

Post by pkij »

I just received a flyer for SciList, the posts about this were old so I thought I would ask you all if anyone uses this program. If so is it worth paying for, user friendly etc? Any info would be appreciated if you use this.
DavidPeterson
Job Title: STEM Resource & Lab Manager
School: Murray Bridge High School
Suburb: Murray Bridge
State/Location: SA

Post by DavidPeterson »

I use Stock Controller from Omega Scientific (SA), comes preloaded with current products and price lists, and this is where I do much of my purchasing.

Can edit to include all other suppliers. I have my chemical stocktake (and that of the whole school site) recorded by this method. Can also produce purchase orders, and retain purchasing info

Don't know what Scilist is, but I suggest getting some type of database Stock Control program it makes life so much easier 8-)
DCP 8-)
STEM Resource @ Laboratory Manager
RPAS (Drone) Pilot
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Hi Sunray
I have just got it and the set up I found difficult, still working on it. I do use it for my orders and find this good, I know it will be great once I have it set up properly :clap3:
Lisa :wink2:
souj
State/Location: WA

Post by souj »

I have it and have been using it for about 2 years- LOVE it! Yes it does take a bit to set up but once it is, it is great. Has made my life so much easier :thumbup:
LabMad
Suburb: South West Sydney

Post by LabMad »

I have an excel spreadsheet with all stock on it. I just add or delete as required. I also have a printed copy on my wall so teachers and the one day untrained assistant knows where to find things. Happy to post if anyone wants a copy
Lab Madness
souj

Post by souj »

I worked from an excell spread sheet prior to getting this program. They are fantastic for a lot of things, but what I really like about Sci-List is the little extra things like having a photographic inventory of equipment. I have given my teachers limited access to the program so that they can search for resources when lesson planning using key words. When they type in a key word, a list of all entries containing the key word come up.They can scan down this list and view a photo of the resource as they do. So instead of coming to me and saying "what do we have to do with..." they can see exactly for themselves! Works most of the time...! I also like the ability to print off a budget report for any time period I choose, tracking funds spent, invoices received, orders partially filled- all at a flick of a button. Nice to have of course, but not a blocker if you don't.
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

I have had a look at the trial version of SciList and am in the process of getting approval for the purchase of it. Just a quick question. I saw it had MSDS but are they really there or are they dates that you put in yourself, or do you import and save them? Thanks :)
souj

Post by souj »

The MSDS info is not already on the system- it is your data that you enter.
aude
Suburb: Maitland

Post by aude »

I recently bought scilist and whilist it has taken me forever to enter my equipment and chemicals it is very worthwhile. Obiviously the more time you put into it the more productive it will be for you.
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

I have started putting all our items into SciList and am looking forward to the benefits down the track. I am just wondering if any of you know if there is a quicker way to enter items than the current process I am using. At the moment I am searching for the item using the “View/Edit Master Items and Stock” and then putting in the storage details and quantity. Is there a way to do this from a different page where I can do all of one storage area at once? For example, I have allocated sub storage areas as shelves in my store room (they are quite big) so if I wanted to enter all of the things from “right shelf 5” into SciList is there a way to do it without having to individually select “right shelf 5” for every item? I know most of you are on holidays but thought it would be worth throwing the question out there!
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Post by Krysia Lee »

Hi Rosalie
I am also just starting out on Scilist. I can't help with your question, sorry, but I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how to go about importing my equipment list into the scilist programme, I've followed their instructions but haven't had any luck.
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Krysia Lee, I have just sent you a PM :)
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Ok, so now for my next question for any SciList gurus out there... When entering chemicals, it is asking me to put in a hazard code but I can't work out how to do this!! Where do you add the codes so that they come up in the list?