microscopes

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
pinky
State/Location: NSW

microscopes

Post by pinky »

JUST INQUIRING TO SEE IF ANY ONE HAS MICROSCOPES PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED.? IF SO WHO DOES IT AND A ROUGH COST PLEASE!
THANKS EVERYONE!!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: microscopes

Post by RosalieM »

We contacted AIS (where we got our microscopes from) and then organised an afternoon where the labbies from other schools around here were shown how to clean them ourselves. Otherwise I think it was $35/microscope with a minimum of 100 microscopes. The 'workshop' if you could call it that was very good and showed that there isn't really much to cleaning them :) Just a few dos and don'ts. They didn't charge us anything for the visit and took the opportunity to show off some of their products (which was profitable for them because our HT spent about $1000!). If you are going to the St Mary's conference there will probably be someone from AIS who you could talk to. Other companies probably offer a similar service if you know where you purchased your microscopes from.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

HI Pinky, please do a search, as this topic has come up before. Their is some really good information to be read.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I have an ex-teacher comes in once a year and does all our microscopes. He knows where they all are, and so goes from one lot to another and cleans and repairs them. It takes him 2 days and it costs about 400. Perhaps there is an ex-teacher of your school who m ay be prepared to do this?
LAZZA

Microscope Servicing

Post by LAZZA »

Hey Labbies,

I was just wondering if you guys get your microscopes serviced regularly, like once a year type deal, just to make sure everything is working okay. I'm working in a school, and they've asked me about it. Which companies do you use? We are located in Nowra, NSW.

Cheers,

LAZZA
LAZZA
lada

Re: Microscope Servicing

Post by lada »

Hi Lazza,
we get our microscopes done by ISSCO in Concord in Sydney. Only about every 3years or as needed. I clean them 2x a year, but servicing is done less frequetly.

Lada
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Microscope Servicing

Post by RosalieM »

LAZZA, if you do a search you will see there has been a lot of discussion about this in previous times. Please have a look as I'm sure you will find it helpful :)
LAZZA

Post by LAZZA »

Thanks guys.
LAZZA
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

LAZZA,
I am based in Bowral and we have used Redbank Instruments who are in Narellan. They have a website if you google their name.

Lorrae
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

Redbank are in Picton on Henry Street.
We use Broken Bay Communications which is run by a retired science teacher. He will service microscopes, as well as repair any equipment. He charged us $465 last time, but was here for a day - cleaned and serviced about 36 microscopes and repaired two skeletons. He had a look at some other equipment, but was hnest in telling us it would be cheaper to buy new items than repairing them.
M.