Microsoft Access

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Narelle01
State/Location: NSW

Microsoft Access

Post by Narelle01 »

I am toying with the idea of setting up a chemical data base in MS access - so i can search chemicals by name or class, and see how much i have left etc.

Has anyone done this before? I have a husband who is willing to set the values up on the programme etc.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Microsoft Access

Post by Labbie »

I have my register on spread sheet or excel microsoft. It works for me. It's on the computer and I can look it up any time I like, or add or delete chemicals as I use them.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
annettstanley
Job Title: laboratory technician
School: Calrossy
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by annettstanley »

I also have used excel spreadsheet for my chemical stocktake and have also added a column for the msds date, so at a glance I will know when they need updating \:D/
annett
Annett Stanley
Tamworth
m

Post by m »

hi narelle
I have the schools chemical register on a spreadsheet. its easy to use and the DET has seen it and are happy with it
nickyw
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickyw »

My chemicals data is on an excel spreadsheet also. Annette good idea about the MSDS cloumn I am going to do that now too.

I have all of the practicals we do here on an access data base program and teachers just find the prac they want by a drop down arrow and then fill out the rest of the form, It is absolutely best resource ever.

So I guess whichever program you are more familiar with will work best for you.
TSHS Chemical HS register STOCKTAKE .xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

thanks for your thoughts!
I too have an excel spreadsheet with my chemicals on - i thought that the MS access would give a more searchable feature, and then move over to having the equipement there too.
I looked for something yesterday for about 20 mins, as the item hasn't been asked for in the almost 1 year I have been here, and it wasn't where the current list said it should be. And everyone calls things different names.... :crazy:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

The one nickyw has is great!! I looked at it before we got RiskAssess with the intent to add to it with what we use and try to keep track of chemicals and to encourage teachers to actually order pracs. When we ended up going with risk assess I just let the idea go. It would be great to have a system that automatically reduces your stock levels when things are requested.
CAG
State/Location: VIC

Post by CAG »

The LTAV has a MS Access Inventory database.

Perhaps you can purchase it?

All the work is done for you. You enter in the data and then can pull up chemicals low on stock, a list of Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Chemicals etc.., or search per item.

Will save you a lot of time and effort.
Christine
Lab Tech :coffee:
DET school, Melbourne
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

will look into that - thanks.

Otherwise hubby is my helpful IT guy :)
amandag
State/Location: VIC

Post by amandag »

Hello
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hr/ohs/ ... sgoods.htm
This is the VIC education site...this does not require a password etc... I use Chemwatch Gold 3, manifest...
amanda