fume cupboards - Tamworth labbies

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

fume cupboards - Tamworth labbies

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Tamworth people,
I've been asked to find out who does the flow testing of fume cupboards in this area. Do any of you know? Also do you know how much it cost?
Thanks in anticipation!!
Rosalie
dime

Re: fume cupboards - Tamworth labbies

Post by dime »

We had ours tested this year. The guy just came around, I assume sent by the department. Kemproof Industries Pty Ltd out of Sydney.02 99824311, email kemproof@<URL removed, see forum rules>.
annettstanley
Job Title: laboratory technician
School: Calrossy

Post by annettstanley »

hi Rosalie we have ours done by faircloth and reynolds from coffs harbour. I have a phone number if you need it Annett
Annett Stanley
Tamworth
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Yes please Annett - would you please PM me their number?
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

The department comes around each year and does ours - if that is what you call it.
We have had one that has not worked at all since I first started working here over 8 years ago.
Every year they come and tell me it is not working - oh really is my normal reply :-o - yep we will send someone out.
than a few weeks later a man with a camera appears and takes some photos of the not working fume cupboard and tells me he will look into ............. never to return :redcard: untill next year they arrive again and let me know guess what my fume cupboard is not working :-o .... They are rather clever i think. 8O

KIMMY
Cin
School: Narrabri High
Suburb: Narrabri

Post by Cin »

Gday Rosalie,

Kemproof Industries checks our fume cupboards. They have always come and checked it since we had it installed years ago. We have had another 2 put in with the lab upgrades and the bloke checked them as well. He checked them in March this year.

Cindy
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

kimmy wrote:The department comes around each year and does ours - if that is what you call it.
We have had one that has not worked at all since I first started working here over 8 years ago.
Every year they come and tell me it is not working - oh really is my normal reply :-o - yep we will send someone out.
than a few weeks later a man with a camera appears and takes some photos of the not working fume cupboard and tells me he will look into ............. never to return :redcard: untill next year they arrive again and let me know guess what my fume cupboard is not working :-o .... They are rather clever i think. 8O

KIMMY
Kimmy,
My fume cupboard in my prep room stopped working at the start of term 1. I told the boss that I would stop working unless he got it fixed! It was fixed within a fortnight. We may be "only labbies" but we MUST be worth more than the price of repairing a fume cupboard! Surely the cost of advertising the position after you "carc it" from breathing noxious fumes would be more than the cost of a repair!

Start murmuring words like "Occupational Health and Safety" and "Work Cover", etc, and see if they start to take more interest in you.

cheers
Ian 8O
jo lindsay

fume cupboard

Post by jo lindsay »

Can anyone help me? We need to get our fume cupboard serviced. Who does this? Any suggestions would be most welcome. I am in Orange NSW, wondering if someone local might be able to do this?
thanks lablady11
:unsure:
dime

Post by dime »

It depends whether you are dept or private school. If dept, then kemproof via earlier post is the one to contact. Come to think of it, they may well do private schools as well, just have to ask 'em. :D
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

we use DYNAFLOW down here in Sydney (02 9858 0190). I do not know if they venture out to "The Bush"

Ian :)
jo lindsay

Post by jo lindsay »

Thanks for the advice about fume cupboard servicing will try these contacts! :thumbup: Jo