A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong
State/Location: NSW

Lab coats

Post by Kathryn »

So I finally convinced the powers that be that we need to have at least one full set of lab coats. Spent some time last week looking through catalogues, finding the cheapest and deciding how many we needed of each size - then sent the order away for 30 coats. Was pleasantly surprised when the package arrived yesterday in record time.... there's just one thing... why did I bother ordering different sizes... apart from the "small" being shorter than the other sizes, they are all the same width!!!! #-o

Kathryn
trish armstrong
Job Title: lab Assistant SAO
School: Taree High School
Suburb: Taree

Re: Lab coats

Post by trish armstrong »

To help keep them clean, we the staff at my school purchased new lab coats at the start of the year, and to hide the marks we Tye dyed them all different colours.
The kids think its great and the iodine/silver nitrate etc stains and marks don't show up on them as clearly. We still wash them regularly but they look like new. And the stains look a part of the coat.
Trish :D
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi Trish
One of the workshops at this years Conference in tie dye lab coats. \:D/
I am looking forward to running this workshop :thumbup: :thumbup:
tuesday
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tuesday »

we tie dyed our lab coats in the prep-room to hide our stains and the kids love seeing us in them. And sooooooo much fun to do as well.