Shopping for Microscopes

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
blossom
State/Location: NSW

Shopping for Microscopes

Post by blossom »

My school needs to update 4 of our senior miscroscopes as the old ones are pretty well had it. Not sure which model is more recommended .. Could anyone give me feedback of any that are trusted and tried .
Blossom
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Shopping for Microscopes

Post by RosalieM »

We bought a heap through AIS (Australian Instrument Services) about 2 years ago where they offer pretty good service and have buy 2 get one free as a regular deal. You could budget for 4 and get 6! Their prices were perhaps a little more than some other places we looked at, but when you factored in the 'free' one, it seemed a lot better deal than I could find anywhere else. Google it and ask for a brochure and just double check that they still have the offer.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

I'm with Rosalie. We bought ours from AIS on the same deal, and they've been great. Pretty robust, and good resolution.

We also got some extra money and bought a Motic computer microscope. Added a whole new dimension to our Senior Bio EEI's. :thumbup:
Cheers, K 8-)
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

We use AIS and find them good also.
The buy two get one free deal is always good. :thumbup:
KIMMY
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

In addition to my previous post, there is (was! - I assume it is still the case) no limit to the 'Buy one get one free". We purchased 14 and got 21 microscopes.
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Hey guys,

Agree with the previous post, AIS is fantastic, they have supplied us with all our new mics and digital software, and the service is ongoing and the best!

Sass
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Ditto for us at Tamworth High, haven't had any problems with the ones we've both over the past few years as we could afford them, building towards another 'class set'.

The other thing I particularly like is that the polystyrene boxes are robust enough to store them in - I also notice that the students tend to be more careful and responsible when packing them away than with the ones that just go back onto a trolley.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
dime

Post by dime »

We have used AIS but have also used ISSCO over the years and again recently, for a buy 2 get one free deal. We needed 10, so they gave them to us at a per each price, instead of having to buy 12.