Sulphate test strips

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
kl23

Sulphate test strips

Post by kl23 »

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase some Sulphate test strips 200-1600 mg/l from? We currently have a few left that are made by Merck. I have contacted them via email (only way i could get in contact) and haven't heard back. Science supply Australia list them in their catalogue but after talking to someone there we think it is a mistake and don't have them as the code on them is actually for Phospahte test strips. I need an aussie supplier as the teacher wants them in a few weeks. Doing a huge water testing excursion and only started preparing and gathering equipment for it now, even though it is in week 4 and she has know since the start of the year. Thanks for any input.

-Kerri.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Re: Sulphate test strips

Post by RosalieM »

Serrata and Southern Biological both have a large range of water testing products. I think we get most of ours from Southern Bio so I'd try them. They may know another supplier if they don't have them.
kl23

Post by kl23 »

Have already tried both of them. Southern biological have stopped supply the suplhate test strips unfortuntley. Science supply australia is currently looking at other suppliers for me but no luck. Contacted southern biological, hopefully they will have more luck. Thanks for your suggestions.

-Kerri.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Post by RosalieM »

Just out of curiosity, did they have a reason for not supplying them anymore?