DATA LOGGER COURSE

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Vick
Job Title: Lab Assistant
State/Location: NSW

DATA LOGGER COURSE

Post by Vick »

My head teacher has given me information about a one day data logger course being held at Bankstown TAFE in December. This is being conducted by Phil Jones, has anyone been to a data logger course run by him?

If so, how was it?

Thanks

Vicki

P.S. I'm sorry if this gets posted more than once, I'm having trouble submitting it.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: DATA LOGGER COURSE

Post by Labbie »

Never been before, but I have sent my form off to go to this. Lookes interesting, just hope some of our teachers do also.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

OK so long as you have pretty much exactly the loggers and probes they have. A teacher of ours was told our loggers (4 months old) had too slow a sampling rate to be of any use on the course.

They don't seem to cover too many makes of Data Loggers.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Anyone in QLD heard of anything similar? I wanna go!
Cheers, K 8-)
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Hi all,
We had Phil at an In-service here - he is very good at this and I highly recommend him.
We are trying to get enough people interested so we can have him come to Newcastle to run the course here.
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Hi Mushroom
We would probably be interested if it is in Newcastle, we have teachers who would go too, keep us posted, thanks
Lisa
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

I agree with Richard. I went on the Data Logger course last year and the data logger I had an old vernier one that did not have a USB port so I could not use it . It was a bit of a waste of time for me. He also has his own datalogger Easylog which he promotes and they are very user friendly. If you don't have one of them an up-to-date Data Harvest would be ok but they all need to be able to hook to a laptop. He does supply the lap-tops but you can bring your own.

He gives you a handout of different activities to do and we worked thru a lot of pracs. I worked with another person but it is best if you have your own datalogger. The best idea is to check with him before the course to see if the datalogger is going to be suitable and that you have all the sensors for the pracs.

Rosemary