Fossils

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah
State/Location: NSW

Fossils

Post by estelle »

Can anyone suggest a good supplier for Australian fossils.

Thanks Estelle

Actually, there are a few fossils around our school come think of it, but none of them are suitable to study. 8)
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Re: Fossils

Post by smiley »

Estelle,

There's a bloke who sells fossils out of Mt Isa. He has a page on e-bay, and his own website, which is all the w's followed by aussieminerals then the dot com bit. On his website you can't see the fossils, but you can view pictures on the e-bay site. You can also give him a call. He's a bushie who goes around Australia fossicking. He also sells those groovy fluorescent mineral samples that glow under a black light. :thumbup:

Cheers, K 8-)
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi,
I just found a brouchure for Geological Specimen Supplies At Turramurra South. They have listed a range of fossils including Australian.
Ph: (02) 94888162.

Hope this helps
Lorrae
rell
State/Location: VIC

Post by rell »

Hi you could try southern biological. Their website is http://www.southernbiological.com

Narelle
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Post by franco »

Another site that may be worth a look is Cooloola Rocks and Minerals in QLD. Perhaps a bit on the expensive side for most school budgets but some lovely specimens available if you're a collector.
Cheers,
Fran
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Hi!

Just been asked to buy a whole heap of trilobites for a prac exam in 3wks, we have some already which seem to be made of plaster of paris or similar. Does anyone know where I can buy more of these???

Sassi ;)
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Never mind... I checked out Geological Specimen supplies (thanx Rae) and found exactly what I needed there!

Sassi :)
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

You can make your own plaster of paris ones. :D
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

treasureenterprises.com seem to have good selection and prices for all sorts of rocks, fossils etc. They are in QLD.
Estelle.
Found the ones I needed on ebay for good prices but not a good idea if the auditor won't let the school reimburse you.