plants for experiments

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Re: plants for experiments

Post by Labbie »

We have used egg cartons in the past.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks again for the ideas :) I had forgotten about those ones from Haines! Will keep researching :)
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I have just merged these two threads as I started them and they are related.

UPDATE: I am working on getting a greenhouse from dealsdirect dot com dot au 3.5m x 2.0m which is about $90 plus $15 postage. It looks like I should be able to get 3 levels of bench along each side. My plan (if I can implement it) is to use the fast plant varieties and hook up outdoor lighting on pulleys to change the level of the lighting (for fast plants you need the lights to be as close to the plants as possible, which means moving them as the plants grow) and have them on all three levels. We would collect 1.25L and 1.5L soft drink bottles throughout the year and use the watering system Jazz suggested. The kids can easily label their bottles and they can be placed quite close together on the shelves and each plant can have its own treatment, rather than needing trays for each different treatment group (as in if one set of plants is being fed lemonade instead of water, they don't need to take up a whole tray's worth of space because they will have individual sources). Sounds like a plan to me!!

Rosalie
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi Linotas,
I have only just caught up with this thread as I have been away.
We also do a plastic sleeve with paper towel stapled in the middle and use bean seeds.
It usually is very successful

Lorrae
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.