Holidays

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Holidays

Post by Labbie »

So what lovely plans do people have for the Holidays. I am painting :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Re: Holidays

Post by Jen1 »

Hosting a 16th Birthday party! :w00t:
Wish me luck!
Jen
Rita

Post by Rita »

I shall be working (without students and teachers)!!!!!

I just had a 16th birthday sleepover (8 extra girls). It was terrific!. They slept in the loungeroom with the fire going. It was non- stop talk, talk and talk to the early hours. They all wanted pizza for tea (OK by me).
My daughter chose the games. Prizes were little pieces of makeup, chocolate, face washers etc. They played games such as pin the nose on the clown, pass the parcel and dance twister. For the first time in a long time for some, they were just children having fun. I'm sure you won't need luck
Rita
coxy

Post by coxy »

I will have youngest daughter and her two kittens for a visit from Wynnum to Port Macquarie - for her 25th birthday. Also having my Mum fly up from Sydney for 2 weeks. A break from work is a break, even if I were to spend it doing housework!! I hope you all have a safe, happy and relaxing time; and thanks for all the input, informatin, news, and lots of laughs you have given me over the years.
Enjoy.
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

I'll be packing my things here and preparing to move to another school for the beginning of term 3. Oh, and my older brother and his family are visiting from Tamworth!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Gee guess you will be having a very busy time. Just stay safe. How was Darwin, did'nt you go up their for a few days?????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Indeedy Do! Went up for the week, flew up Saturday 21st and returned last Sunday very tired. Went fishing (no Barra - just catfish and something else I was afraid to unhook) did 3 days of bushwalking in national parks and the rest on the army barracks up there riding motorcycles and drinking beer (not at the same time as I had a full face helmet on). The barracks are HUGE as Darryl Eastlake would say and I had a great time - no where near long enough! Good to get my little brothers mind off the Sub 4 (Seargents) course he's there for.

P.S. How do you pack a goat?
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College

Post by Jen1 »

Thanks Rita,
I suspect that my daughters sixteenth will be similar to yours. Games, music and lots of chit chat. Only having a couple of the 18 invited sleeping over.
Looking forward to it and I must remember to warn the neighbours that there will be loud music.
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

My daughter and partner have split after 12 years and wants to come home!
Her bedroom has held all our "treasures" (junk) and craft gear has to be cleaned out and in the middle of getting a new kitchen installed Ahhhhhhhh!
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

Welcome back to the air waves 42!
Which school are you moving to? And I would suggest asking the goat very nicely!
Lou.
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College

Post by dolphinscales »

our holidays here in the west start next week - can not wait i have 4 days all up booked to do nothing - not even answering phones :) just gardening, and crafty stuff i liek to do :)
But the rest is catch up with friends, house work and paper work for home and transporting my sister and her Hubby around Perth :)

All good fun really
labman
State/Location: SA

Post by labman »

In S.A. the holidays start at the end of this week, and I'm doing "around the house" stuff, like dolphinscales. I have the first week off, and working the second. Happy, safe holidays to all of you that are having a well earned break.

Richard,
Are you moving schools permanently, or just filling in somewhere for a while. And as for moving Brian, remember the alpaca photos you posted some months ago? I can picture Brian enjoying a similar drive down the highway!!!
Cheers,
Lisa
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

I am off to Norfolk Island for 7 days fly out on Sunday
Have a good holiday all
Noona :coffee: =D> #-o 8)
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I am involved with World Youth Day - next week our school is the default location for the 'tent city' in our Diocese, and also the hub for Pilgrims to be collected from every day..
The the next week i am taking a group of students from here to Sydney for the event... I am SO praying for NO RAIN on the saturday night (19th) as we have to all sleep out at Randwick - no tents... [-o<
A 'busman's' holiday!

Richard - wherever you go you will still have the internet won't you? so we wont 'lose' you! :-(
Pam
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Our school is billetting 60 pilgrims to World Youth Day in our school hall during the second week of the holidays. I understand many other schools in Sydney are also providing similar accommodation to the visitors. A week without rain would be very welcome...

Have a great holiday everyone!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Ha Mushroom! You don't get rid of me that easily! :w00t:
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F
CC
Job Title: Labbie
School: Goulburn High School
Suburb: Goulburn

Post by CC »

I'm spending the first week horse riding and the second week doing housework. Although I hate housework so much I might just ride for two weeks.
Hope everybody has a great break and a good rest.

Cindy
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I am already on holidays but I'm working this week so I can have a week off in September without having to worry about pay etc. So, this week I'm cleaning the storeroom out and unpacking what feels like a kazillion boxes of stuff that was donated to the school which I haven't had time to go through until now... Next week I'm off to visit my parents and Grandma in Tuncurry and Taree and seeing my parents off as they head overseas for 10 weeks!! Ahh... the life of the retired - something to look forward to!!! Then the week after that I'm back here at work. Hope you all have a lovely time off!
Rita

Post by Rita »

We have 70 students from school going to WYD week and I think 7 staffers also. They will be staying at Sutherland. My 16yr old daughter will be attending. I am praying and crossing fingers and toes the weather is dry for that week especially at Randwick. I am trying to organise bags to be weightless yet hold coats, jeans and jumpers. It will be a long walk across the bridge and beyond carrying all that sleeping gear!
There will be visitors staying down here as well. A busy time ahead!
Rita
Vicki L
School: Murrumburrah High School
Suburb: HARDEN

Post by Vicki L »

Hubby and I are off to Port Macquarie for the two weeks. So looking forward to it, no frosts or minus temperatures. A bit of whale watching, beach walks and no cooking.
Have a safe and happy break everyone.
Look forward to catching up next term.

All the best Vicki