grease pencil

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

grease pencil

Post by RosalieL »

Has anyone ever heard of these?

https://www.chemtalk.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=451/product/4 ... s-writing/

If the link doesn't work, go to Wiltronics and look up grease pencil. They are obviously more expensive than permanent markers, but possibly less risky for being stolen or being used inappropriately? I just came across them completely by accident so I'm curious to know if anyone out there uses them in schools?
RosalieL

Re: grease pencil

Post by RosalieL »

OK perhaps I should have googled first! They are the same as a chinagraph pencil. I've just never seen coloured ones before! Anyway, I'm still interested in learning if anyone uses them at school :)
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I'd be interested, too. How long do they last on glass? How easy is it to remove? I agree - students would be less likely to write on desks etc with them.
RosalieL

Post by RosalieL »

Merilyn1 wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 11:17 I'd be interested, too. How long do they last on glass? How easy is it to remove? I agree - students would be less likely to write on desks etc with them.
We actually used to use them on the BA board and tally tags (to keep track of where everyone is on the fire ground etc) when I was a fire fighter. They are water resistant but you wipe it off with a cloth or paper towel! (or jacket/shirt sleeve... :whistling2: )

I think they would potentially last longer than permanent markers because they would be unique and obviously out of place in someone's pencil case, lids won't get left off and dry out... so while a higher outlay, more economical? I guess I'd like to hear negatives (if there are any), but I think I'll get some to try out. If you look up chinagraph, some of the other suppliers sell them as well.
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

We use chinagraph pencils, students don't seem to steal them, easy to wipe off.