egg drop

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

egg drop

Post by RosalieL »

I have done a search and couldn't find an answer... what materials do you send out with eggs for the crash test? Kids are to design a container to drop an egg in to simulate a helmet. Teacher has asked for bubble wrap, plastic straws (no longer available) and "any other material you've heard of being used for egg drops". It's 10 years since I last did an egg drop experiment and I have no recollection of what they used!
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Re: egg drop

Post by Loopy »

Morning Rosalie,
We give students 6 A4 sheets of paper (great for used paper) and 1 metre of masking tape. Teacher drops egg standing on a ladder (from approx. 2.5 metres high). Always interesting to see how students think!
Lou P.
Learner Lab Technician
Wagga Wagga
NSW
labbassistant
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollongong High School

Post by labbassistant »

This is what I've been asked for (minus the polystyrene cups) we replaced with paper cups
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

here's our list...for a larger group
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

Thanks for the ideas - I have quite a collection of "stuff" to send out. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.