Happy STAR week

for anything else that doesn't fit.
gotolady
State/Location: NSW

Happy STAR week

Post by gotolady »

A big shout out to all labbies out there,
Just wanted to wish everyone a great STAR week, Science technician appreciation and recognition week.
Hope everyone is as blessed as I am with a great staff and wonderful head teacher who support me and show me respect and consideration.
We all work hard and a little appreciation and the occasional thank you go along way to make us happy.
Enjoy your week and hope that it continues through out the year. :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Happy STAR week

Post by Labbie »

I do'nt think the DoE do a star week, but happy star week to you all.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

STAR week is a new concept - and luckily my teachers have embraced it! (Yes, I am in a DoE school)
Flowers, chocolates - 2 boxes!!!, hand creams and a new crown!

Did I mention that I LOVE my job (well, today anyway...)
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

This was my desk on Monday morning. I'm still finding stars in all sorts of places - drawers, under prac tubs, in my diary. It was pretty funny.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

Had a wonderful surprise at lunchtime today
A big bunch of flowers, card signed by all the Science Staff and a table full of food.
This meant a huge amount to me.

At the beginning of last year we had 5 new teachers, all in their late 20's early 30's. Two in their first positions. who all complained when I questioned what they had ordered if I knew that it wasn't going to work or we didn't have what was in the text book.
I ended up facing a 2 hour grilling by the principal over "How I spoke to the staff" etc. and threatening with disciplinary action if I didn't stop. I didn't speak to them any different then I had to any other teacher over the previous 18 years. Our staff had not previously changed much in over 10 years so all the old teachers knew that I knew what I was talking about. This new lot felt they knew it all and that prac was in the text book or on U-Tube so it would work

Move on almost 18 months and they have come to realise that after 20 years I do know what works and everyday have someone asking for advice.

Just at the moment I don't want to retire. I am appreciated.