What paper towel do you get ?

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

What paper towel do you get ?

Post by bigmack »

My off sider is distressed because he can't buy the paper towel he has always had .( bought the last 50 rolls many years ago)

So we got some from Office max to trial and now they don't stock that type .

Wondering what you all use and were you buy it , product codes ?
remlap12
State/Location: NSW

Re: What paper towel do you get ?

Post by remlap12 »

We have interleaf paper towel, restocked by the cleaners.....supposedly!
I managed to get into the cleaners' store and liberated a big box, so when they "forget" to refill I have backup!
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I buy the rolls of paper towel from Officemax - Tork 90m rolls in a pack of 16. These work out cheaper than the inter-leaved towel. Important if you have to pay for it out of your budget. I was happy with the idea of just leaving the roll in the teachers (locked) cupboard. When they needed to use it the teacher could get it out and the kids could just tear off what they needed. As we have a lot of non-science classes in our labs, this prevented it being used unnecessarily. But, I got out voted and we have now installed paper towel dispensers. I'm expecting more to be used now it is open slather. I do, however, keep locking the soap container in the cupboard. :whistling2:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Soap and paper towel needs to be purchased out of Admin Budget NOT SCIENCE its a WHS thingo. DoE schools of course. Or if you have a preffered soap say detol or something, admin gave us the soap money and we added to it.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

Ours is provided by cleaners out of someone else's' budget! It is Central Cleaning Supplies Premium Ultrafold Towels

http://store.centralcleaning.com.au/bro ... code=Z2266
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

we also use the tork rolls.
I just ask the cleaner for some, and he gives me about 10 rolls at a time.
There is one in each lab, and I have the rest locked away in the chem store.
We do have a teacher who stock piles at least 2-3 rolls for himself, so when he is away, i go in and reduce his hoard.

Soap, I buy refills from woolworths, a creamy one for me, and basic one for the students.
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Looks like we might give the Tork stuff ago as OfficeMax is our normal purchase place for this type of stuff .

Interesting point about WHS aspect and being an administrative funded product ...never thought of that , will check who pays for it .....this is not my area but my offsider may not be aware either .
Whspa

Post by Whspa »

We use the Tork paper as well.
We have to buy it out of our budget, and even have to supply the staffroom, although every other staffroom is suppled by the cleaners.
We've let the paper run out in the staffroom, but the cleaner never replaces it, so I have to.
We have only recently been allowed to get a wall mounted water heater (which came out of our budget), so have bought numerous kettles over the years.
Again, every other staffroom was equipped with it.
We were always told "It's actually a storeroom, not a staffroom, so you're not entitled to it."