Labelling Indicators

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Bec :)
School: Cowra High
State/Location: NSW

Labelling Indicators

Post by Bec :) »

Hi! First timer on the Forum! I am using Risk Assess for labelling! its great! I was wondering what molarity to use for my indicators? thank you!
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Re: Labelling Indicators

Post by rae »

Hmmm... Just had a look. I don't like that. I usually make them up as a percentage not a molarity. Wonder what others think.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

I think that Phillip will need to tweek his labelling program to be more flexible when it comes to labelling indicators and solutions which are made as percentages.

Thanks ladies, I'm feeling a little confused, Chem watch labels have so much information, on the other hand Phillips doesn't see to have a lot? eg missing manufacturer or importer details? I'm sure that Phillips labels would be GHS compliant though! and if he hasn't added it on the labels then maybe it is not necessary?
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

I've been emailing Phillip regarding the info on labels, and I am reassured that all the extra info is not necessary in a school situation.

I did mention that having a % option would be helpful. I hadn't noticed at that stage that I needed to put in a molarity for universal indicator.

Oh Great! THANK YOU MELSID! so in saying that even the stock bottles don't need the supplier info etc? Phillip has made life very easy for us.. at least we know what we are printing is correct.
Xenon
Job Title: Rocket Scientist
School: Arndell Anglican College
Suburb: Oakville

Post by Xenon »

I used Chemwatch for Universal Indicator Solution.
Xe, SD, KOPR
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

In a lot of cases you can calculate the molarity from the percentage...a lot of fiddle though