is there an alternate Chem man system to Chemwatch?

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager
State/Location: NSW

is there an alternate Chem man system to Chemwatch?

Post by Ocean Breeze »

:-) And if there are other [programs available out there, any links/info?

anyone use one of these alternate programs/databases
and costs please?
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: is there an alternate Chem man system to Chemwatch?

Post by Merilyn1 »

Although I have access to Chemwatch, I found the manifest difficult to work with. I was given permission by our principal to transfer the chemical register to a spreadsheet (There is a difference between a manifest and a register - it depends on quantities of chemicals held.)
I find the spreadsheet easier to manipulate and I can call items what I want to call them, not what Chemwatch has plonked in the name. I now have the register in perfect alphabetical order and keep the safety data sheets in order according to this list.

I use Chemwatch for labels, for now, but hoping that Riskassess labels are available soon. I also refer to Chemwatch for SDSs when I cannot obtain one from the supplier/manufacturer and for solutions I have made myself. I'm not sure of any alternatives that are any better than what we have.
karend

Post by karend »

Chemwatch stresses me to the max! I also have a chemical register on a spreadsheet & find it so much easier. Bring on riskassess labels!!
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

thanks for the feedback :)