Stocktake on Chemwatch FFX

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
remlap12
State/Location: NSW

Stocktake on Chemwatch FFX

Post by remlap12 »

Hi all,

HELLLLLPPPPPPP!

I am trying to figure out how to add items into a manifest for stocktake! :? I have no problem altering the amounts, but can't find anywhere where it tells me how to add new items/chemicals?? I've gone back through the tutorial and had a look in the manual (that's an exercise in frustration in itself!) :crazy:
Any help would be very much appreciated........ [-o< 8-[
Cheers
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
sunray18

Re: Stocktake on Chemwatch FFX

Post by sunray18 »

do a search for the item, when the list comes up find the one you wanted, then RIGHT click on it.. select copy.. then go to your manifest list and find the storage location you want it to be put into.. right click on that location and select PASTE. you can enter the item into several locations by following the last steps.
You will know if it is successful because a little pop up with green border appears near the top of the screen telling you that you have been successful... watch because it literally pops in then out
enjoy

to find where an item is stored, when you do the search, find it in the list then click onto the icon in the tracking column and, wait for it, it will eventually highlight the location
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

Thanks sunray 18........I'll give it a whirl
Regards
remlap12
MissKat
Job Title: Science Technician
School: Cranbrook School
Suburb: Bellevue Hill

Post by MissKat »

You can also click and drag the chemical into the folder after searching for it.
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

thanks guys for your replies, it's easy when you know how!! I'm plodding through it, gotta love stocktake............ NOT!
Regards
remlap12
india

Post by india »

anyone tried to generate a report??? I'm in communication with chemwatch atm as it will not download. reminds me of dial up! :D
MissKat

Post by MissKat »

I just did mine and it took about 5 minutes for 170 chemicals. This is how I did it:
- Manifest folder
- Click folder of chemicals
- Show all the chemicals on one page and select them all with a tick
- Click Report Generator
- Tick Selected
- Choose report type in new window (I used the one called Manifest)
- Choose format to download as (XLS)
- Click download

I prefer printing my manifest this way:
- Manifest
- Select folder and all the chemicals to be printed
- Click print button
- Select List
- Click Submit
A new window will come up with a pdf which you can save or print and is in a nice format to read off if you only want the chemical name and quantity.

Hope this helps!
india

Post by india »

Thanks Kat. How many data points are you selecting? 5 minutes for 170 chemicals seems like a long time to generate a report. I've been told by CW "to please cease to run a report as its causing massive CPU (server) issues, and it will affect users who want to look up, there is a bug somewhere that the developers need to look at and find out why". I'm trying for a print out of 50 chemicals with 4 data points and it's already been 5 mins.
MissKat

Post by MissKat »

I think it's because I haven't gone in a cleaned out the chemicals so I have say, barium chloride (Chem Supply) but it's been generated about 10 times in the report with 0 quantity and only one of the barium chlorides has the correct amount, if that makes sense. So instead of 170 chemicals that get generated, I get multiple copies of the same thing. By data points, do you mean the column titles? I have 12 (CAS number, UN, name, shipping name, hazardous, ADG class, ADG subrisk, total vol, folder location, ADG packing, issue date) which were premade from a while ago. Probably don't need all of them.
CC
Job Title: Labbie
School: Goulburn High School
Suburb: Goulburn

Post by CC »

I went to work on my stocktake and I can't even get in.
FFX keeps telling me my User ID is incorrect. Has there been a change that I don't know about?
Getting very frustrated :banghead2:

CC
MissKat

Post by MissKat »

User name should be cw####

I remember my password changed earlier this year to include "Science" at the end of the original password.
india

Post by india »

the ffx login page has changed and so has the its' format. be sure to login on the secure site, i.e. with https as the prefix on the website address. https://jr.<URL removed, see forum rules>/ The top field is account, mine is "dec****" and user login is usually "administrator" with password usually your old one. I used to use this program back when it came out and it is still as clunky, slow and not so user friendly as before. Chemicals go missing from your manifest, generating reports takes forever and thank goodness I only have to use it once a year if I'm lucky. But to be fair the live help chat earns their keep from me!

Makes perfect sense Kat with the multiple named chemicals some with zero volume - I have the same issue. Yes, by data points I meant columns, I find only 4 necessary to do the stocktake, the primary dg, material name, max volume and total volume. Then I print them off in xls, open in excel and rearrange columns and alphabetically by material name in column B and then by dg code in column A and columns C and D for volumes. A tick on the hard copy suffices for an unchanged volume during the annual stocktake.
india

Post by india »

Chemwatch recommend Google Chrome and generating reports through the Materials section of the program and not the Manifest.

And for the zero volume results in repeated chemicals I ticked and deleted them. In the previous version it would wipe out the whole original entry but not anymore.