testing and tagging of equipment

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Adrianna
State/Location: NSW

testing and tagging of equipment

Post by Adrianna »

hi all
can anyone tell me how often this has to be done in a school situation. I know it is different in industry.
Adrianna
rodannt
State/Location: VIC

Re: testing and tagging of equipment

Post by rodannt »

Every year here.
lada

Post by lada »

I just found out that portable equipment has to be done every 6 months eg laptops with charges that are used in different class rooms
Lada
Rita

Post by Rita »

We haven't had this done in years....say it is too costly.
I just found a power pack with a tag. It has test date Nov 04 and test due Nov 06.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

Our test and tag is done yearly. It may be costly but I believe it has something to do with WHS, safety in the workplace, safety for the students that each school has a duty of care towards and it is also an insurance issue for all schools.
shaz.H
Job Title: jack of all trades
School: Thomas Hassall Anglican Coleege
Suburb: Middleton Grange

Post by shaz.H »

Hello Adrianna,
We test and tag our school equipment yearly and I know the potable lap tops are done 6 monthly. We have maintenance staff authorized to do this and they submit a safety tagging schedule in the WHS file . If you check out the Electrical testing and Tagging safety standard AS/NZS3760:2010 this may be of help to you.
thanks
shaz
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

From my experience in my outside school life as a a partner in an Electrical contracting firm with my husband, the frequency that an item needs to be tested and tagged depends a lot on the item and the environment that it is used in.
It all relates to The Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760 In service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment
which provides guidance on inspection, testing and tagging methods.

The following pdf is from http://www.abctestandtag.com.au/faq/ind ... artlang=en
Test and Tag intervals.pdf
I am in a Department school and have different items with different dates as to when they are next to be tested.
This testing is done on a departmental contract. My powerpacks/transformers have a 5 year tag, my shredder doesn't need to be tested for 5 years but the the kettle and scales one year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milo
State/Location: ACT

Post by Milo »

We get every piece of electrical equipment and power cord done every year... ideally. It's the responsibility of the maintenance department, so if they're having a busy time it might slip by a few months. Or, like this year, their tagging machine could be broken.
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

thankyou to all this is most helpful