Dataloggers

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
labperson
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Cabramatta High School
Suburb: Cabramatta
State/Location: NSW

Dataloggers

Post by labperson »

My school is looking into purchasing new Dataloggers. Can anyone recommend a brand that is easy to use and hassle free.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Re: Dataloggers

Post by rae »

Vernier are very easy to use and seem to be hassle free. Good support from the company that sells them.
labgirl
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
School: Burdekin Catholic High School
Suburb: Ayr
State/Location: QLD

Post by labgirl »

Would absolutely recommend the Verniers. Worth the money. Easy to use and the applications for them are endless. Easy to take on camps and excursions. Love them!!
smiley

Post by smiley »

Ditto. Love my Verniers. Nice customer support (at least up here in Qld) from Scientrific too. :thumbup:
Cheers, K 8-)
DavidPeterson
Job Title: STEM Resource & Lab Manager
School: Murray Bridge High School
Suburb: Murray Bridge
State/Location: SA

Post by DavidPeterson »

Vernier for us as well.....
DCP 8-)
STEM Resource @ Laboratory Manager
RPAS (Drone) Pilot
dss8386
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
School: St. Augustines College
Suburb: Cairns

Post by dss8386 »

Definitely Vernier. At my previous school we have Pasco and had nothing but problems and felt like they were cheaply made.

Vernier dataloggers are strong and can take a bit of abuse from the students and I have never had any problems. The software is really good and compatible.

You can purchase vernier from scientrific and I have even had the rep come to the school and show the staff how to use them which was very helpful.

Dave
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by MariaC »

Our data harvest bought new approx two years ago, never worked on battery always had to be plugged into mains, finally got Serrata to agree it wasn't right, but have been waiting over six months for repair!! At least Serrata have lent me one whilst ours is MIA, still in the UK we believe. Im also looking to buy another one, guess what brand it wont be!?

MariaC