and any other non-chem subjects.
me
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Castle Hill High
Suburb: Castle Hill
State/Location: NSW

High Voltage Power Supply

Post by me »

Does anyone out there use a high voltage power supply in place of an induction coil to operate a crookes tube? If so is it just "plug and play" or is there some trick involved? I bought one and a new maltese cross but noone can get it to work. Power is getting to the unit and the low voltage side has output but when the high voltage side is turned on there's nothing. I am at Castle Hill NSW so if anyone in my area has a working unit maybe I could call in for a lesson on how to use it. Any suggestions would be helpful .Thanks Tracey
JudyM

Re: High Voltage Power Supply

Post by JudyM »

We also bought a HVPS expecting it to run the Crooke's tubes with no luck. In fact we haven't used it for anything as yet. I called the manufacturer but they weren't much help. 8O
me
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Castle Hill High
Suburb: Castle Hill

Post by me »

Thank you Judy. At least I know I'm not going crazy. I also contacted the technical support team of the supplier and they were not at all helpful. The instructions on the Crookes tube indicate that a HVPS can be used to operate it. Will definately let you know if I find any further information to help us. Tracey.
JudyM

Post by JudyM »

Thanks Tracey, that would be great. I hate to think we've wasted all that money on something that will sit on the shelf for the next 50 years!