Zinc Nitrate?

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty
State/Location: NSW

Zinc Nitrate?

Post by Ian »

Hi all,
I hope this is an easy one. My Chem teacher has asked me to make up a solution of Zinc Nitrate, which I have done, however I can not find it in "Appendix D" and so do not know what kind of "Coloured Dot" it requires. Does anybody have any info? (I know this e-mail will sound very strange to anybody outside NSW! sorry about that!)

Ian
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Zinc Nitrate?

Post by RosalieM »

I have it listed as green in my book which lists the chemicals we have. It was done by a previous labbie so I don't know where the information came from. Other info: years 7-12, user code 1,2 and 5. Not H. Hope this helps. I also hope it is correct!
Rosalie
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

PS. I just had a look and it is on page 261 of the CSIS. Maybe you just missed it? Easy to do... I was looking for a chemical the other week in our store and couldn't find it. I looked everywhere! I told the teacher who wanted it that we didn't have any... then the next day I went to get something else, and there was the other one on the shelf where it should have been all along! The prac was for that day so the teacher was very happy.
Rosalie
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Its safe to use with year 7-12 so its a green go dot.

Cheers
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Thanks All!
"Page 261" was an important piece of information!
When my predecessor set up all the chemical information, she copied out all of "Appendix D" and put it in a ring binder, to make it easy to find the info...BUT she also included "Appendix A" AFTER "Appendix D". They both look the same, so when I looked up Z for Zinc Nitrate, I naturally went to the END of the book, and accidently found myself in Appendix A instead of D! I will be an older and wiser labbie from now on!

My Zinc Nitrate is nicely Green Dotted!

Ian