chem gold 3 program

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
pinky
State/Location: NSW

chem gold 3 program

Post by pinky »

Can any one please help!!!!!! I finally got a log in and pass word to use this but I just dont get it. I down loaded and printed the manuaul and it will take three years to figure out. I dont even no where to start how add my chemicals to it and im very frustrated with it. Has any one got an easy set of instructions on how to use it so people like me can get it.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: chem gold 3 program

Post by RosalieM »

http: //train. chemwatch. net/ Help/

Try this without the spaces and follow the links when you get there.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Or easier still click on live support, they are most helpful, and as they give you step by step help, you can print it out.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Hi all,
Is anybody having problems with ChemFFX this morning? I cannot print labels! MSDS's are OK, but when I attempt to print labels, I get a notice that tells me that

"ERROR: This edition (2011/2) has expired.
Please install a newer edition of ChemWatch,
or contact ChemWatch on (+61 3) 9572 4700 (24 hour line)."

I have rung the number but the person that I need to talk to on the 24 hour hotline has not come in to work yet! (????)

Has anybody had that message before?

cheers
Ian
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Yes Iain I did last week, In a flash Anna fixed it, she should be in by 9am. Good luck, it does not take long to fix it.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore

Post by Robdean »

Hi, am just wading though my manifest using Chemgold 3 and have a couple of things I just want to check. I've added my chemicals to each store; do I add my actual amounts in the Average volume / weight column and then the pack size in the Max Volume / weight column (or does this refer to the max allowable??)

Also when you go to generate a report, what fields have you included in the report.

Sorry for a Friday afternoon question, I really want to get this completed before the end of term as from next year I will only be working 3 days a week and don't want to leave it for the girl I will be jobsharing with - she is just starting out!! Why do they keep changing how these things are done and never give us any training???
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

I'm at a loss as to what they are getting at with the average volume/weight. Instead I put in the maximum quantity we are likely to have. This is usually what Workcover requires, the thinking is that it is no point putting in what you have today, then tomorrow you go and buy more, so you're essentially working on the worst case scenario.
I'm still working on the report, when I contacted Chemwatch people, they told me I couldn't modify the report?!
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

.....and I was rather hoping that you would have had that sorted out, Merilyn, so that you could explain it to ME! Having managed to get a whole heap of chemicals INTO the manifest, I got totally bamboosled when it came to entering quantities and printing reports! When you get it figured, please drop me a line

cheers
ian
Robdean

Post by Robdean »

I agree!! If ANYONE has a proper handle on this thing can they please let us ALL know??
nickykinz
School: St Augustine's College
Suburb: Augustine Heights
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickykinz »

I'm on holiday so not sure why I am spending my time on here but here we go.........

When you go into Manifest you then click on the stores on the left hand side to get a list of all chemicals in that store (or just click on manifest if you are doing the whole thing). To change quantities click on edit. I usually do the average as the size of the package i.e 500g and the max as the most I am ever likely to have i.e 1kg.
To generate a report click on report generator (little box with lots of lines next to the save button). That brings up a box with all the options of things to include (click on expand all so you can see them all). I suppose it depends what info you need but I always do issue date, material name, label signal word, DG class and subrisk and location path. This will tell you what it is, where it is and whether it is dangerous or hazardous. Plus you can check if your MSDS is up to date. If there are other ones people think should be on there let me know.
Then you just put output to English and Excel and submit. Once you have the spreadsheet you can move stuff around and sort it how you want it.
Hope this helps. :thumbup:
Nicky
;)
St Augustine's College
Augustine Heights, QLD 4300
sampjm
School: Mount Annan Christian College
Suburb: Mount Annan

Post by sampjm »

I just did a chemwatch course and were given the following URL, use it with no spaces it should help you http:// training. chemwatch. net/ powerpointhelp/
Robdean

Post by Robdean »

Have just had a lengthy "chat" with Cedric on the Chemgold live chat line. He initially said "the average is what you intend to use for a particular location and the max refers to what is licenced to keep on site = manifest quantity" - kind of double dutch to me as how do I know what I intend to use?? Anyway, when I explained that in schools (ours at least) we only keep 2 or 3 containers of each chemical at most, he said "on the other hand you could use the average what you actually have on site and then in the manifest quantity you could use it for the container type when they are maxed up" ??? My reply "so I could enter my actual volume in average and then the potentailly full volume in the maximum column" -which is what I had asked in the first place. He said "thats what would be handy in your scenario" . SO, that is what I intend to do and I hope that this is helpful to someone else out there!!