Coal Seam Gas

for anything else that doesn't fit.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo
State/Location: NSW

Coal Seam Gas

Post by rae »

Check out this on Utube. Its really long 14mins but I hope you take the time and think about what is happening.
Its really important!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hRPRxX ... r_embedded
strewth
State/Location: SA

Re: Coal Seam Gas

Post by strewth »

If they are talking about FRACKING - it's really scarey..... :redcard: :redcard:
rae

Post by rae »

Yes I am and they are talking about doing this in the area I live. We are part of the Sydney water catchment area too!!!
Plus rural primary industry. People need to be aware of what is happening in their backyards that will affect our watefr quality anfd life style and that includes people who live in cities. We wwill end up importing food from who knows where and as for water, we are the dryiest continent on earth where is it going to come from!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore

Post by Robdean »

Yes it is very scary. They started drilling in the Keerrong Valley just shortly after we moved out (we didn't know it was about to happen either). In fact one of the presenters on that youtube video was a direct neighbour of ours. It's amazing that such a thing can occur without the consent of the landholders and that the process involves such dangerous chemicals. Imagine benig able to "light your water". Wonder what will eventuate from all this?? There is much to be concerned about!
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

According to a program I saw recently it's happening all up the east Coast. Very scarey stuff, as we are only just becoming aware of the long term concerns, let alone short term effects for landholders.
Too big a discussion for here, but please check it out if you haven't already. We call this progress?
My heart goes out to those who are directly affected.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
dime

Post by dime »

Hi Rae,
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I recommend everyone look at this. I hadn't really taken much notice of coal seam gas exploration but thanks to you I now have a good understanding. We have had a big explosion of mine companies in our area here, mainly for mining of coal. Will now keep an eye out for gas mining.
Thanks again for the tip off. :clap3:
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

This is frightening!
I have sent on to my friends
Apparently they are doing it up the buckets way to Glouster
lurra
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by lurra »

OMG!!!! How can we stop them is it too late???? 8O 8O
Lurra AKA Noona
Rosalie Cassar
Lab Tech
Greystanes H S

ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
dime

Post by dime »

Like you Ocker, I have sent it onto eveyone on my mailing list. I think we need to get the word out there and an personal email is a powerful tool.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

I watched this last night, and suggest those who are interested in learning more do a search on-line.
Some months back I saw an excellent investigative documentary on the Tara gasfield. It was very scary, thought-provoking stuff, and the time first I had heard about it. Since then there have been several other programs made.
Check out ABC and SBS.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Are we really supposed to believe that we are saving the planet with stupid useless lightbulbs and batts in the ceiling while this is going on all around us? And yes it's ok to keep dragging more and more coal out of the ground as long as we pay a carbon tax? Oh Puhlease!! :hitthefan: :banghead: :banghead:
rae

Post by rae »

Just thought I would bring this to everyones attention again. If you haven't watched this utube video or can't watch it at school send it home and watch it.(see original post for the link!!) Become aware of what is happening in our back yards. If we don't pay attention now it will be to late. It will happen in everyones back yards!!!