air conditioners in school

for anything else that doesn't fit.
lab-woman
State/Location: NSW

Re: air conditioners in school

Post by lab-woman »

No air conditioners in Albion Park High School - except one in the suspension centre.
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Hey Smiley
Glad to see you're alive and kicking we were worried about you during cyclone!
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Post by Voice »

I am putting in the website below which looks at the Compliance Codes for workers facilities that are to be provided by the employer.
This is a Victorian Worksafe website but I am sure that other states would have similar. Check out this one and realise that codes are not being met. It is a H & safety issue.
And I am sure that more people would need air conditioning in the northern states more than those in Victoria.

http://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/wps/wcm/ ... OD=AJPERES

Maree
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong

Post by Kathryn »

About half of our school has A/C. During the heatwave I was asked (in my other capacity, OH&S) to find out if there are any regulations regarding temperature in classrooms. I rung both Dept of Ed and CSA, who both said there is no specific policy, but it is up to individual schools. Also did internet seaches and found Uni of Sydney has a policy in place.
lada

Post by lada »

Having a/cons installed as we speak. It took 7 years of planning, but they are here!!! :clap3: \:D/
Lada
Cin
School: Narrabri High
Suburb: Narrabri

Post by Cin »

Gday Nicky,
Nothing has changed, it is still bloody hot here at Narrabri. The old Air Con doesn't work well. The other day it was still 30+ here in the Prep rm with them going. We tried to get split systems when they did the upgrades but they wouldn't come to the party.
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Yep Cindy, still bloody hot out here too, stuck with the old evaporative ones, now it seems to becomming more and more humid every year they are useless :redcard: I only got one in the prep. room in 2006 during the renos. Some of the school has split systems you can guess what areas. When I was at school you were sent home once it reached 45C if I remember correct :crazy: (now I'm showing my age) but it doesn't apply now once the air conditioners were installed. :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: