A general discussion and Q & A forum.
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi
State/Location: NSW

Chemical Cards

Post by kimmy »

I have found a complete set of the OLD yellow cardboard chemical cards (sorry dont know the correct name for them) If anyone would like a copy of them please pm me or add your email address and i will email them off to you as it is to large to attach.
They have each chemical on a seperate card
Other name/s
Hazard Analysis
First Aid
Storage
Additional Notes
Properties and Uses
Melt Pt
Boil Pt
Density
solubility
Classification

I have copied these onto a pdf printable file so they can be printed off for anyone wnating a copy.
I have a old set that I use often but have a few missing and came across this complete set this morning - oh what you still find after working in the one area for more than six years it is scary. :w00t: So I have copied them for my own reference but thought maybe someone else might want a copy.

Have a good day every one out there in Lab land.
See you all soon in Sydney the count down is on. :clap3: :coffee:

KIMMY :w00t:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Chemical Cards

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks Kimmy! I have received them :) wow - so much easier to read than an MSDS sheet! Why can't we use these instead?? The first aid is probably out of date for some of them, and probably classes have changed if they are as old as they look. Still, I am sure they will be useful!
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

Before CSIS they are what I used to use as a reference whenever I came across a chemicalI didn't know or had forgotten tge details about.

I still have them in a drawer for reference. I like the way they have a description of the chemical as well as the formula and molecular weight.

Wendy
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Post by Voice »

Thank you Kimmy, I would love a copy. :clap3:
Maree
smith.maree.m@edumail.vic.gov.au