anatomy models

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong
State/Location: NSW

anatomy models

Post by Kathryn »

Aldi has anatomy models for sale this week - $6 each. They are small but are made of good quality plastic. One of the teachers asked me to get a few to use as prizes but when he saw them he decided we should keep them. They all come apart eg: the skull is made up of 39 pieces. As well as the skull there is a heart, a body and a pregnancy abdomen. For the price of them I think they are well worth it and I even bought some for my daughter studying anatomy at uni.

Kathryn 8)
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Re: anatomy models

Post by smiley »

Hey Guys - Do you mean Aldi the supermarket? We don't have them up here (yet!). Might have to get friends from Canberra to get some for me!
Cheers, K 8-)
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:
One of the teachers lives across the road from an Aldi, so he is going to get some this afternoon.
Fingerscrossed, with aldi the specials usually sell out very quickly, but hopefully these models are something that wont!
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown

Post by smeee »

They are small but serve the purpose....good for display cabinets as well.
Good therapy putting them together :crazy:
The 8 sphere ant pod is good value @ $34.99
cosmo
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
State/Location: VIC

Post by cosmo »

I bought a heart model and my 10yo son bought the torso. He enjoyed putting it together, needed only a small amount of help. The main problem with the torso is that some of the parts are tiny, and would get lost in a class very quickly.
The heart is fun, the ventricles and atria swing open to reveal the valves and internal features. Be careful putting them together, I broke one of the swing clips by using too much force to get it into its slot-it just sheared off :-({|= - I think wiggling it into position would have been better.
They are now sitting on my mantlepiece at home (next to family photos and the oil burner)...spot the lab tech :clap3:
Dont think I'll buy any for school, dont think they'd last very long, and the budget is looking a little shaky by this time of year :-({|=
cheers
Kate