CONASTA 60 - 2011

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown
State/Location: NSW

CONASTA 60 - 2011

Post by smeee »

Please note change of date for the above conference will be

10-13 July 2011

Darwin High School

Plan your holiday to the NT now

I will keep you posted with details when available
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: CONASTA 60 - 2011

Post by RosalieM »

I have my eye out for cheap flights already, I'm telling you!! Such a wonderful part of the country. I hope they have some interesting excursions that don't clash with the labbie-specific sessions, and a Post Conference Tour \:D/ I had such a great time in Tasmania last year!! Thanks for keeping us posted, smeee :clap3: I am in holiday mode already!!
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School

Post by fibreweb »

I've started saving already, putting aside $ 10-20 each week so it won't be so hard to find next year.

I just hope it isn't on at the same time my husband is off to New Guinea with work as that would leave the kids home alone.

I so want to go to Darwin and the Top End.

Wendy
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Post by Rowyrow »

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :w00t: I might actually be able to go cause it's just up tha road well about 30k's up tha road but I can manage that an since I haven't had any PD since I started I dont think the powers that be could refuse :clap3:
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay
State/Location: TAS

Post by Wayne »

Thanks Smeee!
As I am organising my long service leave \:D/ \:D/ around CONASTA, I'm glad I found out now about the change of dates not later on, after I had booked my holiday.

I loved this years in Sydney, much more than last years in Launceston (travelling interstate is a lot more exciting than staying at home for a conference).

I am so looking forward to going to Darwin. :D \:D/ :clap3:
sammy
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: WA

Post by sammy »

Hi everyone :)

Just a quick question would this trip get passed as personal PD and paid for by the school or do you take it as a tax deductable holiday ??? :wink2:
Darwin would be a lovely place to see and I would love to attend CONASTA :thumbup:

Sammy
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant

Post by RosalieM »

I'm pretty sure you can claim it towards your PD hours. I didn't get the school to pay for mine when I went to Tasmania, but I did have to take a day off work to travel (last day of term) and they agreed to pay me that day as if I was working given that I was giving up my holidays to go to a work-related conference. Perhaps you could try to do a deal where they pay the conference fees and you cover the rest and claim it back on tax if they aren't willing/able to cover the whole cost.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Hey Nicky, Road trip?? :thumbup: :crazy:
Cheers, K 8-)
nickyw

Post by nickyw »

:clap3: Yeah I love road trips.

Sounds like a good plan Smiley will pick you up on the way. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Wonder if the boss will lend me his brand new prada, have to get rid of the daggy 80s music in it though 8O
pkij
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Good Shepherd Catholic College
Suburb: Mount Isa

Post by pkij »

Hey NQ Labbies, can you pick me up on the way past through "The Isa". I have not been to Darwin yet and a road trip sounds exciting! :thumbup:
aedwards
Job Title: Laboratory technician
School: Korowa AGS
Suburb: Glen Iris
State/Location: VIC

Post by aedwards »

Sounds too good to miss.I'll post the details to the LTAV list. Nice to see some familiar faces on this list.
smiley

Post by smiley »

Pilar - too easy! The Racq reckons it will only take 28 hours to get to Darwin from here. Piece of cake!
Cheers, K 8-)