trolleys

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

trolleys

Post by Labbie »

I know we did get some new trolleys with the refubishment. But does any one know where we can purchase these from?????????????? A lady in another dept, would like one. She did ask for an old one of ours, but Oh no I have no spare one.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
m

Re: trolleys

Post by m »

hi labbie

i am after a new trolley too so will be interested in the replies u get

maria
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

The advertisement at the bottom of the post was for trolleys! Interesting... I think most of our suppliers have trolleys of some description. We didn't get an upgrade of the labs so I'm not sure specifically what you are looking for. We got tote tray trolleys from mentone educational recently and Q-Stores have some. The advertised company I just looked at is called trolley master. I am looking for a solution to our book problem in that we have one set of books for each year and they wander all around the school. I bought some of those collapsable crates on wheels with handles but they are falling apart (the books are too heavy for them). I don't seem to be able to find anything that will do the trick and is also affordable!
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Post by Voice »

I have worked with Tuffy Trolleys for 20 years and I think they are perfect. They are not your usual Laboratory trolley. To start with they are black, with 3 levels. They are made out of recycled plastic/rubber, therefore very light to wheel around. The ones I bought 20 years ago are still perfect other than stains. I am now in another school where those large, unweilding trolleys have been bought. However, I managed to buy 2 Tuffy Trolleys from OfficeMax at $253.63 each.
Maree
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi all,

I have purchased 2 rubbermaid trolleys through Haines. They are three levels with rubber wheels and fit the tote trays. I love them!!! I am hoping to get some more!!

Lorrae
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Post by Rowyrow »

All of my trolleys have come from trolley master ( one of the advertisers) they come with free shipping which is a bonus, the one I have a three tier some with two handels and some with one , find they work well and they have a non slip surface and fit my mish mash of tubs tote tray etc on no worries and they are reasonable chema too I think I paid about $325 each gst inclusive
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

Hi RosalieM, I know this is an old post from last year, but was wondering if you managed to solved your trolley problem. We have the same problem with our text book trolleys. I also was speaking to one of the admin ladies who has to drag two of those collapsible trolleys around the school and thought there must be a better idea!
M.
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

No I haven't, although we now have somewhere to store the trolleys when we come up with a workable idea!! Our current plan is to get some trolleys from supercheap or somewhere similar and somehow attach a more solid container or crate to it. I'm not really sure how this will work as I haven't had a chance to go look yet. If you come up with something before I do, please let me know!! I love the mail trolley idea of Fibreweb's some time ago but we don't have the money to be spending $300+ on something to cart text books around in...
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

Rosalie
yes, $300 for each trolley may be pushing the friendship a bit, especially when we need nine of them! I'll keep looking for something a bit stronger and will post some info here if I ever find anything.

M.
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Bunnings have a platform trolley about 600mm x400mm with a fold up handle for about $60, the only problem I find is, they have two fixed direction wheels and two swivel type I would prefer 4 swivel castors, but the fold down handles make them easy to store
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks Ocker!! I might go check that out :) a drive in my air conditioned car around midday sounds like a very good idea!!
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

You will also require a couple of Bungy cords ( I object to people calling them Occky straps 8O ) or some tie down straps ( get the type with quick release rather than the rachet type) to stop equip bouncing off.
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks again, Ocker. I'm just back from a semi-successful trip to Bunnings. Found 110kg capacity trolleys for $39 each. They only had 3 but I wanted 4 so there is one on order. Now to unpack them and decide HOW we will load the books onto it! I reckon we'll probably get a plastic crate to stick on each so the books don't all fall off. Don't know why I've never seen them when I've looked before...
lesley
Job Title: Retired finally
Suburb: northern suburbs
State/Location: SA

Science trollies

Post by lesley »

Help

I am looking for information re a strudy trolley to use to transport science items between buildings. The school I am at at present is closing down and we are moving into a new wonderful "super school" here in south australia. Four schools are combining into one but we will have multi campuses. A girls campus and the co-ed campus which will be divided for middle school and senior school. As we will have storage issues on each campus (that is a different topic all together) we will need to move some items from campus to campus.

If anyone has any ideas or even better pictures of something suitable I will be forever grateful :).

Thank you in advance.
Lesley

Ps the site is not level but does have ramps etc as we have students with wheelchairs.
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown

Post by smeee »

If you Google "collapsible trolley" for some ideas then follow up suppliers
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Not sure if this will help, but I got all the'old' TV trolleys (they are called'Tuffy' trolley)in the school. They were being replaced with smartboards and bigger TV trolleys, just a thought if your school is being moved and maybe ask the other schools if they have anything like that. I am happy with these type :-)
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School

Post by fibreweb »

ARGHHHHHHHHHH I just spent ages writing a reply along with a photo and it disappeared when I tried to preview what I had written so here goes again :crazy:

Oxley High school is on several different levels with labs in 3 different blocks. To get to the furtherest lab is up 2 flights of 10 and 19 stairs respectively over a 300 metre distance. When I started 10 years ago all the gear was carried in tray across this distance and up the stairs. :cheesy:
Then a student in a wheel chair was enrolled and ramps put in which has made life a lot easier.

Through an OH & S submission I had purchased a mail trolley from Wagon Manufacturing ( just Google).It is called the Eco Mail trolley and has 2 large pump up wheels at the back and a "move all dirrections" wheel at the front. It was rather expensive at over $400 but is worth it's weight in gold.

Because it is deep it is stable whilst being pushed, much more stable then a normal lab trolley and will hold heaps. A tote tray will balance across the top of the trolley.

I Wouldnt be without it now. :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.