Universal Indicator

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
sammy
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: WA

Universal Indicator

Post by sammy »

Hi all

I have just found out that a dropper bottle of universal inicator was dropped in the middle of a class ( I was not notified ). There is now a huge yellow stain on the floor which I have no idea how to get off ??????? but my main concern is that the teacher let the students clean the mess up and did not inform me about it ??????

Please let me know what you think ???????

Sammy
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Re: Universal Indicator

Post by franco »

Hi Sammy,

Try a weak (or stronger if necessary) solution of bleach on the stain. It works well decolorising stains in the plastic dimple trays.
Why are you so concerned that the teacher/students cleaned up after themselves? So long as the broken glass was swept up - rather than picked up - and went into the glass bin (I keep one in each lab) and the students/teacher washed their hands after wiping up the indicator, I can't see any problem. But, the teacher should have let you know, or at least left a note, that the bottle was broken if only to save you the trouble of searching for it when the equipment was returned.

Cheers,
Fran