National Curriculum

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Mother
Job Title: Science lab. technician
School: Dubbo College/Senior Campus
Suburb: Dubbo
State/Location: NSW

National Curriculum

Post by Mother »

Just wanted you all to know about the new National Curriculum that is being implemented in 2011.
If you google in: ACARA it makes for an interesting read.However it doesn't go into any details about subject areas.
I thought there might be something on Science.
Your thoughts about this would be welcomed.
Cheers
Mother
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: National Curriculum

Post by Labbie »

From what we have been told, at network meetings. The HSC may change a little, the CSIS may also change a very little, to bring the other states into the CSIS. But mainly in NSW we should remain the same. But even I will be surprised if thats true. Time will on tell, their are so many rumours going around. But that came from a chap who is also on the board of the national curriculum.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

well as we have just impementing new curriculum here in the west for our seniors at least - the year 11 got new this year then follow to teh new yr 12 next year i dont think any one is going to be happy here in the west.
As we do Human Biology as a seperate course big changes i can see there as i dont expect that will be included so the Biology course wll change a fair bit here in the west i guess. As for chemistry and Physics not sure but more change yet again will not make the teachers in the west very happy i dont think.

though most support a national curriculum with our newest changes just going in i dont think it will be popular.
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Post by Rowyrow »

We are in the same boat up here aswell the NT implemented a new curriculum recently and will only have to change again when the national one comes in , although judging by some of the things the teachers say they may prefrre the national as the Nt curriculum is supposedly very hard to navigate and interpret
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Not sure why I thought this or where I even heard it, but I thought that the National Curriculum was starting in WA and NT as a trial run for the rest, please correct me if I am mistaken or have wrong information
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Does anyone have any idea how the national curriculum will affect the NSW HSC?
I have a daughter going in to year11 2010 and doing HSC in 2011.

Lorrae
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Do check out their web site, perhaps your questions, will be answered. From re-reading the National curriculum site, It is next years year 11's that will have the new curriculum. Not this years year 10's. Do hope that makes sense. This years 9's when they do year 11 in 2011.
Regards Labbie

Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Did any one see the write up on the National curriculum in Mondays paper. Some one told me about it, but would like to read it for myself?????????????????
Regards Labbie

amandag
State/Location: VIC

Are any schools trialing the National curriculum science

Post by amandag »

Morning,
Which schools are trialing the National Curriculum science ? Any in Victoria ?
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

For those who can not access the Draft on Science with the national Curriculum I have attached a copy of it in Word doc for you. Hope it is of some interesting reading. I have not had tome to go through it. A lot of reading though. I wonder how much of the draft will be in the final curriculum???

Happy reading. :coffee:

KIMMY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Thank you so much for that.
Regards Labbie