New Trolley

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

New Trolley

Post by MariaC »

Hi :D hoping all the wonderful chemtalk people can help again. Our lab refurb means the chem classroom is now the furthest from the chemstore :banghead2: go figure ! So the principle wants me to investigate a safe trolley for transporting chemicals :-( any recommendations out there, only have to negotiate one stair but needs to be nice and secure, ta muchly :thumbup: Maria
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Re: New Trolley

Post by noona »

Hi Maria
I got some SS trolleys from a place at Mt Kuring-gai
I will get the phone number for you they are the best thing go over all types of bumps

Vost is the company and the phone Number is 02 9457 9500 they are the best
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
matchstick
Job Title: School Admin.Assistant
School: Strathfield South Public School
Suburb: Strathfield

Post by matchstick »

hi all
i would also condiser the tpye of surface you have to transport these chemicals with a trolley. ie;pebbled cement ,dirt ,stairs.
Is a trolley the safest option?
my chemstore is in opposite corner of the school too to labs and with all the asphalt cracks and pebble cement and dirt,not to mention the students
it is safer for me to carry trays and make numerus trips back and forth.
Matchstick
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

I have labs on 3 levels, two of them are 350m and 450 m from my main prep room. Previously I had to carry trays to these rooms up several flights of stairs until several years ago ramps for installed for a teacher in a wheelchair.These have proved a boon for me as I then requested on OH & S grounds a mail trolley which enables me to transport in one trip what used to take 4 trips carrying trays.

The trolley came from Wagen Manufacturing and can be seen here ( if I am allowed to put the link) http://www.wagen.com.au/Products/Commer ... fault.aspx It is the eco mail trolley and was rather expensive at about $500 but is worth it's weight in gold.

It came with a deep crate which is very stable and will carry a lot, it is a lot safer for me with chemicals than balancing them in a tray.

My GA made me a special bracket to put in the trolley frame that will support a normal tote tray for the times that I need just a tray. It has pumped up tyres on the back wheels and will go up one step with ease. I take it up and down stairs when empty but use the ramps when full. Incidently it is almost a Km and a 15 minute round trip to the furtherest lab!!!

Hope this helps,

Wendy
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

wow that is horrid to have your rooms so far from your work area

and a chem room to be that far from the chemical stores -where do they get their ideas from do you think??
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Not to mention Wendy's school has over 1000 students, and she does it all on her own!

So pleased to hear you are coming to St Mary's this year, Wen :party:
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by MariaC »

:D Thanks for the replies, I do like the look of the eco mail trolley Wendy, thanks have printed out the info to see what my three bosses think. Wouldn't it be nice to just have to get things approved once, but no they all want to get involved! head teacher, SAM and Principal and there's always one who will disagree :crazy: Oh well let you know how I get on....cheers Maria
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Post by Voice »

From the website I noticed that they have a Clax trolley. There was one of these at this school when I arrived. It is excellent and has large wheels. One does not have to bend much when using it. Also, it totally folds up so that it can go in the boot of the car. It is quite light in weight. As I have to transport items from one campus to another, I would be lost if I did not have it. Plus, it's great for going in the lift.
Maree