rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill
State/Location: NSW

Re: ID & Password for access to CSIS/Chemwatch

Post by rosiegbh »

I think this gets more difficult and confusing the further I go on :crazy:

Sue I tried your url as I didn't have the chemwatchlogin.html. This got me into the chemgold II site or chemwatch. I typed in the username and password I had been given and entered so far so good. I clicked on manifest and a box came up with Empty stores manifest Create new stores now. So I clicked OK and another box on the left hand side came up but it was completely black and I couldn't do anything so got out of it.

I also tried megz url Jr chemwatch etc. This came up with the box to enter username and password plus also a new user icon which I click onto and I can ask for a new username and password. Still didn't let me into the manifest.

I think the hardest thing is that I don't know what the manifest looks like and the school is being audited in term 3 and it is my job to collect and record all the chemicals. I might go on holidays instead. :lol: and leave it to the head teacher!

Rosemary
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Hi Rosemary, Once into chemwatch via password etc. 1, Click on the students hat, black top one. 2. Do a search for a chemical. 3. click on a chemical that you have. It opens in a MSDS & Label screen. On the right hand side is a + . - sign. Under that is a 1 11 111 buttons. Click on the 1 it turns red, then the 11 button it also turns red. 4. click on the + button a little window opens up to say that chemical has now been added to your store.
Have you done your store yet??????????? Once you have added all your chemicals, you can then add your volumes. I do hope this helps.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Oh dear!I read all your posts with dismay - :-?
In this geographical area have been using Chemwatch for a number of years now and have had a few training days. It is NOT the magic solution it is cracked up to be, and , as Ocker said, it is NOT as simple as you think. :banghead2:
We have struggled with it and had many issues, which have been communicated to Chemwatch and many have not been resolved.
Take care - do NOT use generic Chemwatch MSDS, use Manufacturers MSDS.Check up on Workcover regulations about this issue... and check with DET as to their rulings.
You all have my deepest sympathy. :drunk:
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

Hi Sue,
Thanks for your all your instructions but I still can't get in. I don't know if it is my lack of ability in understanding the site or
the complicated nature of it. I have been put onto someone else through the DET so hopefully I get some answers. It is good to know I am not alone :D
Rosemary
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Hello again,
I gave up trying to get help from the DET IT help desk, they tell me they don't even know what the program is, so couldn't help me out with the error message that comes up and won't allow chemicals to be added to the store/manifest that I set up.
So I rang chemwatch in Melbourne who sell the program to DET and asked them again. They were helpful but the bottom line is that there is a program fault done by DET that is stopping it from working properly at the moment. No idea when it may be resolved but Melbourne chemwatch is now sending me copies of emails that they are sending to DET requesting them to fix it and asking them why they haven't updated to the 2009 chemwatch program.
Apparently when it was first sold to DET, Chemwatch requested that it be run through their company so they could deal with any technical problems but that was declined. I guess it comes down to the $$$$$$$$$$$.
I will keep you updated. Rosemary may be you can pass this info on to your HT or principal and save you some time and energy trying to get this going at the moment they should be able to let the auditor know why it isn't done.
Estelle
Dee
Job Title: "Second in Charge"
School: Gosford Selective High School

Chemwatch gold

Post by Dee »

Help....

over the last 2 terms my computer at work has been dying and finally died.....
along with it all my favourites including Chemwatch Gold.

Now when I finally get to the site (after doing a google search) it asks me for a user name and password - I have never had this before so maybe I am not using the DET access address. :banghead:

Can someone please post it for me or tell me what I need to do about the password etc.

Thanks so much - I am madly getting organised for an OHS inspection next week

Dee :)
dime

Re: Chemwatch gold

Post by dime »

This is the address that I use, hope it helps.
http://chemwatchdb.det.nsw.edu.au
Dee
Job Title: "Second in Charge"
School: Gosford Selective High School

Post by Dee »

Thanks Dime

That worked, I will now save it to favourites again

Thanks again

Dee :clap3: :D :clap3:
malook

Post by malook »

Hi Dee, I have recently encountered this problem when I attempted to use CG2 to make labels. Upon enquiries at my school it seems that no one has been advised that we now have to log in with user name and password. I previously worked in Catholic schools where this was everyday practice. I have emailed Chemwatch to see if they can help me but that was only yesterday (6/8/09)n and have not had a reply yet. Cheers Malook
estelle

Post by estelle »

Hi,
As a follow up to logins etc. I had problems from May this year until just a couple of weeks ago.
Apparently the DET hadn't updated the program to the 2009 version that was the first problem,then the second problem was in the program there was a wrong number and that alone didn't allow the chemwatch to work as well.

I had numerous emails to Paul Drayton his contact details are below. He at first didn't know about the program, but he does now! So if you still have problems logging in etc contact him.
Ph: 61 2 99429710 Mobile: 0402577068
Fax: 61 2 99429777
Email: paul.drayton@det.nsw.edu.au
The address he gave me is as follows http://chemwatchdb.det.nsw.edu.au/chemwatchlogin.html
So after 3 months I am finally able to add a manifest and stores.
Good Luck
Estelle
dime

Post by dime »

Estelle, I'm curious about the login. I've always used the DET address which doesn't require a login. But it doesn't allow you to do a manifest. With your address, you need a login so does it allow use of the manifest? If this is the case how do we get a login and password to use this feature. I tried years ago and no-one ever let us know. At the time I think we were going to get one for each school. But I never heard another thing. :-?
sammy
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: WA

Post by sammy »

Hi guy's

Sorry if this is a stupid :wink2: question but is chemwatch and the CSIS only for NSW schools or do we have it over here in the west also ????? sorry for my ignorance but as im new to the world of lab tech's and to the world of science Im trying to get as much info as I can. I'm heading for my chemical safety course next week which I'm hoping will help enlighten me also. Does anyone one in the west know of any other courses that may be useful ???? [-o<

thanks
sammy
dime

Post by dime »

Morning Labbie
Thank you for this info, I must have missed it before. I willl ring the relevant person for the logon. :clap3:
estelle

Post by estelle »

Hello,
Apparently all school principals received the login and passwords for their school earlier this year. Unfortunately many didn't get passed on to the (VIP) lab assistants who actually needed them.
I had to get mine from my local det area OH @ S manager, they have the passwords for all the schools in their area and were to pass it on to the Principals.
The login seems to be the school code.
Estelle