ellice
Job Title: Lab technician
School: The Illawarra Grammar School
Suburb: Figtree
State/Location: NSW

Re: What to wear

Post by ellice »

Hi all,
This has been the most interesting forum yet. I know I can't beat Sassi in the style department, but thought I'd give my suggestion of aprons instead of lab coats. I collect aprons on my travels, and am wearing one from South Africa at the moment. Looks good and great for menopausal women!! Not as hot as labcoats!
Ellice. :wub: that's me with a red face 'cause I'm having a hot flush!
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hi ellice, I wear a apron as well, to hot out this way in Summer. I got mine through Sth Bio.
It reads move over lab boy, Science Chicks, Rule the Roost! and has a picture of a chicken sending a rooster flying. :clap3: :clap3: Sorry Boys my HT actually bought it for me.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Hey Macca! Me too! I got mine from a science supplies place. Yay. Aprons work for most things, but I do like my lab coat for working with conc acid, coz they got sleeves. But the Science Chicks message really works in an all-girls school.

BTW, speaking of wearable science gear, has anyone seen the product range at Southern Bio??? Who wants to wear a tie with polio, or some other disease on it?? :w00t: Madness, and not in a cool way.
Cheers, K 8-)
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Re the apron debate
I havent ever thought to wear anything but a labcoat.
An apron certainly makes sense in hot weather. I must be a bit of a slop, as I think I need the sleeve proptection as well. Also, I find that the ties around the neck really annoy me, and can strain my neck & shoulders.( i wear them at home )

A lab coat also allows me to wear just a sleeveless singlet under the lab coat in hot weather. Works well, especially if your lab coat is a size or two too big!

We are thinking of supplying Ocker with a tiny teeny tartan apron :clap3: :w00t:

Editting to corect shokking speling!
Last edited by Ocean Breeze on 24 Mar 2009, 08:25, edited 2 times in total.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Love your apron, Macca - I want one too!

But somehow I don't think that's the photo Adam's really after!!!!!!!! :cheesy: :giggle: :crazy: [-X :hitthefan:

ps. Many thanks for all the new smileys, Adam - they're great!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Still not really what where looking for, but it's black watch tartan. :crazy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Pictures PLEASE!
:D
and talking of ties with microbes designs ..
I LOVE GIANTmicrobes!
You can send your friends fluffy toys of syphillis, ebola virus, mad cow disease...
:cheesy:
Imagine being asked what you got for Christmas - and replying 'Gonorrhoea'.... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

look them up on the net.... they are gorgeous - I have been trying to talk my HOD into purchasing them for a year. :thumbup:
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Thanks Rainbow!
Am I to to change title to Lab dog?
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

You're more than welcome Ocker!

Thats what friends are for.. to publicly ridicule you for fun ! :clap3: Hee Hee!
Youre good value Ocker :thumbup:

PS You sure arent a dog.. youre a human! :crazy:
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

i got that apron and the other one the white one the says science does not suck -lol . the kids love them.
coxy

Post by coxy »

No fancy gear here - I just wear jeans and a single-top in summer, t-shirt in winter (with the jeans!). Naturally, black leather shoes. Aprons, I have a couple - all clear plastic! Very boring. But I might just look at Sthn Bio for their aprons - would be a nice change. Thanks
ellice
Job Title: Lab technician
School: The Illawarra Grammar School
Suburb: Figtree

Post by ellice »

Hi all,
The gear from Southern Bio is great. We just recently gave one of the ties to a Bio teacher who was leaving. It had testosterone all over it!!(pictures of). He loved it! I'll have to have another look at the aprons.....
Ellice.