replacement batteries for Data loggers

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
ri
State/Location: NSW

replacement batteries for Data loggers

Post by ri »

G'day,
Here at school we use Data Harvest (Easy Sense Advanced) data loggers. After 4-5 years, the internal rechargeable battery fails and the unit must go back to the UK to have a new battery installed at a cost of $140 each. At present, this means half our units are out of use. Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone recommend a better system or tried the latest Data Harvest loggers that use 'Blue tooth' technology?
I would be very grateful for your experiences.
Regards,
~Robyn

//EDITED by adam. Reason: make topic subject more descriptive.
Dee
Job Title: "Second in Charge"
School: Gosford Selective High School

Post by Dee »

We also have data harvetrs data loggers and they replaced the batteries free of charge about 18months ago, lent us a replacement one for the time it was away.
I have found the data harvest not that great - the pH probes are useless. We replaced them and they are still useless. The light gates are also not great, the oxygen probe more trouble than its worth - but light and temperture are ok.
We too want to replace them but don't know which way to go.
Any suggestions greatlfully received?
Dee
tania

Data Harvest Loggers

Post by tania »

Hi

A reminder to preserve the life of the loggers batteries you must let them run right down at least once a year before recharging. We let ours run flat at the end of each term. They are at least 5years old and we have had no problems with any of our equipment.
But we also have older Casio loggers where you need to download the program to computer and transfer onto your calculator and for the life of us no-one can work it out. Even casio staff say they need to retrain their people. The Equipment has been sitting in the cupboard for the past 4 yrs that I know of.
Bankstown TAFE are offering courses on data loggers in Dec if any one needs help. We'll be there!
Tania
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong

Post by Kathryn »

Hi Tania

Can you give me information on the data logger courses at Bankstown?

Thanks

Kathryn
Barb

Post by Barb »

we used the data loggers you mentioned and they lasted quite a few years with out any problems we have had two batteries replaced and serrat would have loaned us a replacement for the entire time that the unit was away, we did not take advantage of that as we did not have plans to use it during that time. our replacment pH meters have been fine since i calabrated them. and we have well our dept head has set up the sight gates in a plastiv tube and you drop a ball down the tube and calabrate the gravitational pull. ( i think that it what they do, as it has been awhile since we have done that experiement. they are quite easy to use, can collect data in the field and the graph it on the computer. please excuse spelling mistakes. regards Barb
tania

data loggers

Post by tania »

Hi
Contact for the Data Logger day at Bankstown TAFE is Edward.Zakrzewski@tafensw.edu.au phone 9780 5583
3 dates to choose from 5 6 or 7th DEC.
$240 a day.