Thats All Folks

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo
State/Location: NSW

Thats All Folks

Post by rae »

Thats it for me!! :-({|= 2008 done and dusted. We have a staff day tomorrow so I won't be logging on till 2009
Hope everyone has a safe and happy christmas and a terrific new year. Looking forward to another fantastic year of great tips and useful information along with the laughs :cheesy: and jokes we've all grown to know and love from the fantastic chemtalk family =D> .

All the Best and goodbye for now!!
Lorrae =D> =D> \:D/ :D
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Thats All Folks

Post by RosalieM »

Ditto! That's it from me for the year as well. I'll be in here tomorrow doing some general cleaning and tidying up and then HOLIDAYS! Have a great Christmas all!! I look forward to more discussions in 2009.

Rosalie :)
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Bye guys - have fun these next 2 weeks, and please try to spare us a thought occasionally :cry2:

Yeah Right!!!

Enjoy your much deserved break. \:D/ \:D/
Look forward to your informative input in 2009 :wink2:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen1 »

It's at this time of year that I wish I worked at a private school, I still have 2 weeks to go!! :-({|=
But with a total of 11 weeks leave a year I'm not really complaining. I often wonder if I would be able to cope with only 4 weeks leave like most people have!
Merry Christmas to all who finish this week and thanks for all the helpful advice I've picked up from you all this year
=D> Jen
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Yes must of us still have 2 weeks to go. Hang in their folks. Hold on to the holidays now around the corner. Not too long to go. I've so much to do yet, in a way I am so glad I still have 2 weeks to go. I have a chemical pick up, then I will need to clean that room, so many bookes to get out. Plus general tidy up. One more course to do, on Tuesday at Bankstown. ELectric tag man due on Wednesday, that will be so :w00t:

Merry Christmas to you all
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
labman
State/Location: SA

Post by labman »

Hi All,
I still have a week and a half to go. We use some T&D time banked during the year, to cover Thurs & Fri, then we knock off Wednesday lunch time, and go down the local for a nice lunch. (officially, the SSO Xmas get together) A pleasant way to end the year. But, like Pommy, I'm glad I'm still going, I've got heaps to get through. It's good though, with no pesky pracs, teachers, kids etc. I reckon I've got more done in the last week than I have all year!!
To everyone on Chemtalk, I wish you a safe, Happy Xmas and holiday time with your families, and I look forward to chatting with you all in 2009.
Cheers,
Lisa
J
School: DHS

Post by J »

I've just had the BEST cleanout in the chem store ever! =D> =D> My chemistry teacher and I have been meaning to do this literally for years!!
Of course we still have to store the flammable stuff in the correct place until it's picked up, so it's still actually in there, but YIPPEE - it's all sorted out!! \:D/ \:D/
Apparently our region is banding together to have one massive combined collection, at each individual school's cost of course. So we're ready for it when it comes. Yay!
And the holidays are looking better every day 8-) 8-) :coffee: :coffee:
Merry Christmas!

Julie
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi All
To all a Merry Xmas & Safe New Year
To all on Holidays now think of us still working away
Noona :drunk: :whistle: :-({|= :cheesy: :cheesy:
lainyv
Job Title: lab technician
School: Illawarra Christian School
Suburb: Albion Park

Post by lainyv »

pommy you said that you are going to a course in bankstown on wed. is that the data logger one?...I am going to one in Btown on Wed too. It would be interesting to catch up with someone that I only read about in Chemtalk...if this is the course are you bringing a logger?...we dont own one yet but are buying it early next year so i was hoping to look at other peoples and get a feel for whats around and hopefully a bit of feed back for which ones are good...our science teacher doesn't want onw that has to hook up to a computer all the time...anyway Christmas wishes to all and a Happy New Year for next one........ : \:D/
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

All the very best to you and your families for Christmas and a safe new year.

Cheers,

Robb.....
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
presto2
School: Gorokan High School
Suburb: Lakehaven

Post by presto2 »

Merry Christmas. Please have a safe and fun holiday.
Mary :wub:
Mother
Job Title: Science lab. technician
School: Dubbo College/Senior Campus
Suburb: Dubbo

Post by Mother »

Hey!!!
Some people have all the luck.I"m sure those of you who are finished now,certainly deserve the break after a busy year. Correct me if I'm wrong,but don't you return before us (DET) next year????
We have the new Yr.12 assessment tasks all of next week.Busy, busy!!! However I am grateful that Senior Science are the only ones doing a practical. All the rest are paper assessments only.
Some of you won't read this until you return next year,so I am still going to wish you all a happy, healthy and safe Christmas and New Year anyway.Be kind to one another and keep a thought for those who are less fortunate than yourselves.
Come back to the chemtalk site well rested and with a clear mind. #-o #-o #-o
Take care
Mother
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Well labbies, tomorrow is my last day, thank goodness for that :drunk:

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support, kind words and hilarious jokes this past year =D> For me it has been a very very tough year and many times I have near enough resigned, but thanks to you lot :wub: , I got through it all in the end! Hopefully next year will be a better year only 3 out of 12 of our science teachers remain next year, the rest will be new, and hopefully a bit nicer to me [-o<

I wish you a a very merry christmas, a happy new year (fingersX) and a fantastic holiday! I hope you all get the R&R you all really deserve!

Lots of Luv,

Sassi :lol:
lada

Post by lada »

We finish here on friday and will be back on 23rd Jan for prof. development day, kids come back 26th Jan. When do you come back (DET)
Very merry Christmas!!! :wub:
Lada
judygee

Post by judygee »

Dear Sassi - Can't believe you have been mistreated by your Science staff!!! I have found it's usually the ones that are not very sure of themselves or their subject and are completely disorganised - they tend to bite!! But the very good teachers, the ones that really know their stuff, they are ALWAYS willing to share advise and help out, so lets hope your luck has changed and you get a better bunch for 2009 Best wishes to everyone for Christmas and the New Year, have a great holiday! Love this site!! Judy Gould
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Dear judygee and sassi,
I have had some shockers here this year - so I sympathise with you sassi.. and judygee you must have been very very lucky! I have been very close to doing the same as you sassi - only one week ago I went home seriously thinking about looking for a shelf-packing job or ANYTHING else than work with my lot here.. I opened the mail box and found a heap of bills.. so i sighed, decided a pay packet was necessary ... and will front up back here next year - unless I get lucky over the holidays...
Mother
Job Title: Science lab. technician
School: Dubbo College/Senior Campus
Suburb: Dubbo

Post by Mother »

Hey lada
DET staff come back on Monday 27th.January(Staff development day)
Cheers
Mother
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Tuesday 27th?
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Mother wrote:Some people have all the luck.I"m sure those of you who are finished now,certainly deserve the break after a busy year. Correct me if I'm wrong,but don't you return before us (DET) next year????
Hi Mother,
I am back at work now (started yesterday, 19th Jan) while you are all enjoying your final week of holidays. I know I can't complain about my weeks off, but I do wish I didn't have to work this week because the Country Music Festival is on and knowing I have to get up for work the next morning makes going out and enjoying the entertainment that much more difficult! I will still get a few concerts in, and a rodeo and the awards night, and with no kids there is no pressure at work really, so it's not all that bad... Would be nice to have the week to just cruise around though! I hope everyone has had an enjoyable break and is ready to start the new school year with enthusiasm!
Rosalie :)