for anything else that doesn't fit.
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Re: Damm EEI's

Post by fibreweb »

Franklins at Tamworth has Junket.

Aisle no 3 right down the back on the right hand side but right up on the very top shelf where they usually have the extra stuff to pack onto the lower shelves. There is one box with about 10 vials in it but no visiable indication of price.

I happened to be in there on friday so checked out the situation. I don't need any as I gat a lot from Simply Junket last term.

WQendy
pkij
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Good Shepherd Catholic College
Suburb: Mount Isa
State/Location: QLD

Re: Damm EEI's

Post by pkij »

Smiley,

Yes you can do most of these as the growing tubes can be clamped in a retort stand or similar in any position, including upside down. The kits are just under $30 each for 10 growing tubes and equipment but can be used many times. You can buy the replenishment kits but I have found that I buy a roll of the blue absorbent paper from officemax - and the white paper can be any paper (you will have to cut to size) though. The gel and seeds I get from southern biological.
I have found them very successful even for Senior Biol, and they seem to produce good results with most investigations with little fuss and mess. :thumbup:
I can email or send you a copy of the booklet that comes with kits if you would like. :-)
Pilar