HOLIDAYS

for anything else that doesn't fit.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

HOLIDAYS

Post by smiley »

Bye guys, I'm off on holidays. Yay! \:D/ Gonna go caving out at Chiilagoe, and have a quick swim at the beaches before the stingers arrive for the summer. :thumbup: Days from heaven have arrived up here, and I plan to enjoy them. After I have a day or two of doing nothing! :D
Cheers, K 8-)
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga
State/Location: NSW

Re: HOLIDAYS

Post by Loopy »

Hey Smiley,
Hope your holidays are really great. I had a brother living in Mareeba several years ago and I love your neck of the woods.
Lou.
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

have a loverly break - it is almost that time of the year for us now isnt it.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Enjoy, Kristin - sounds like fun!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Wishing you all a wonderful relaxing holidays, roll on Friday.

Any one going away, somewhere nice????????? 8-)
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Well I intend to walk the 20 meters from my house across the street and onto Collaroy Beach, where I will bake my pasty body in the shining (fingersX) sun everyday and dip my toes in the water, and if I am feelin very brave I might even go for a surf or two :D I shall offcourse try and fit into my very busy beach schedule ;) a couple of shopping trips to the city... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I cant wait! Count down has begun... 4 1/2 days or 36 hours and 37 more minutes left of working to do before the beach calls me :)
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Now, I ask, why would I want to leave the thriving metrolpolis of Wagga for a break? What with the current sheep weather alert,sleet, snow, lightening and hail warnings, not to mention frosts, dust storms and hayfever-causing grasses growing (but I said not to mention those), why on earth would I want to go to anywhere when I have this paradise at my fingertips (not)? :cry2: I am envious of everyone I think. Have a nice break chemtalk family :thumbup: :D
Lou
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

I like Wagga! Did my Army basic training at Kapooka (reserves) and had our marching out parade in town and got hopelessly drunk! What a place!!!!!! Nice beach too!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Did you see the 5 o'clock wave? Or were you saving that for your next visit? :w00t:
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Hey check out the weather I am having at the moment...
The weather people are saying "sheep Weather Alert" , Snow in the mountains, severe thunder and hail storms, frosts for the next couple of days and guess what we have at the moment?
Just a huge dustcloud. No wind. A few spits of rain. Take a look...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lizzieb

Post by lizzieb »

Reminds me of 1982/3, while we were living around Cowra - hail inches deep like snow, frost, duststorm and a mouse plague - all in one year.

Take care driving home, Loopy, and let us know how things are tomorrow!
Liz

cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Post by cactus155 »

Enjoy your holidays everyone who is about to have them. We are 2 days back into term time, so I enjoyed not having the teachers and students around for 2 weeks.
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Good Morning to all!
Just thought I'd update from yesterday afternoon about the weather.
After a few more spits of mud, we had a fairly decent rain overnight with a few rumbles in the distance. The sheep didn't require their winter woolies or their Ugh boots last night as the temperature didn't drop as low predicted but all in all it's just a bit cool here today. I have a picture of today and what I normally look out at (which by the way is a primary school that backs onto us).
Have a good day...
Lou.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lizzieb

Post by lizzieb »

Great photos - I'd frame them, side by side!

It started raining here about 2.30 yesterday, rained 'all night', with several thunderstorms rolling through, and some wonderful downpours. Still overcast today. Long time since it's been so set in like this. Just beautiful.

Then there's the kids.... really 'off' yesterday afternoon, and with a whole wet day today, and Yr 12's doing simple silly fun things every day (instead of one muck-up day that can get out of hand), and lots of staff away - it's going to be a memorable week!!!

Holidays, yay :thumbup:
Liz

jat

Post by jat »

Hi All

Well I am off the Friendly Islands (Tonga) these holidays. My wife – the teacher librarian here at school and I are taking 14 staff and students to visit and work (not to much) in a school over there. This will be our 4th trip to Tonga to visit our sister school in the village of Nukunuku, which is on the main island.

We are all billeted out into the community with a Tongan family, which allows us to really get into the Tongan culture. It’s a great way to open up the eyes of the students to just how the “majority” of the world really live and just how poor their schools can be!

After all the preparation and training, I am really looking forward to finding a coconut tree to sit under! Cannot wait to get on the plane!

John
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi John
Have a great time I will think of you as I wake up at the beach on the central coast of NSW
in my caravan and hope we have sunny skies like you will have
have a good holiday all
Noona
Sassi

Graduation

Post by Sassi »

Hi everyone,

Kids are gone and it is sooooo quite here, I am totally loving it!!! Except I have done everything I need to do already... sure there are probably some test tubes that could do with another clean and a few other bits and pieces... but I am in holiday mood already \:D/ As it is graduation times I thought I'd share with you how we do it in Sweden... its quite different. Enjoy your holidays everyone, I sure will :cheesy:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Thank you for that, its so great to see how other countries do things. Well done. Its so interesting, I like that idea.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

Thanks Sassi, We just had our graduation at Wyndham. Very formal affair with gowns for students. Nearly 3 hours of formal presentation and guest speakers with some student items. I'm sure the kids would have liked the Swedish way especially with the endless champagne and dancing. A great celebration to end their student lives.

Rosemary
Xenon
Job Title: Rocket Scientist
School: Arndell Anglican College
Suburb: Oakville

Post by Xenon »

My 14-Y-O daughter is flying to England tomorrow with the school choir tour. She's never flown on fiixed-wing aircraft & 1st time OS (besides Tassie). Mother is in melt-down mode.
Xe, SD, KOPR