Catalase Solution Concentration

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

Catalase Solution Concentration

Post by MariaC »

Hi, welcome back! :D Im in the second set of refurbished labs in my short 4 year career as a lab tech! :w00t: Very nice but it would of been nicer if they were actually finished BEFORE we :w00t: had to move back in and run classes!

We are doing the catalase/ hydrogen peroxide prac but bought the catalase solution, has anyone used this and what ratio/ percentage did you dilute too and still worked?

As one of the teachers puts on his request forms, muchas grassy arse!

MariaC
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong

Re: Catalase Solution Concentration

Post by Kathryn »

Hi.
I am opening an ancient post. The students are going to do an experiment this week looking at the catalase reaction with 6% hydrogen peroxide and comparing to manganese dioxide as an inorganic catalyst. Has anyone done this using Southern Bio catalase? I am wondering what dilution of the catalase solution I should prepare.
Kathryn
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

Never heard of it! We do just the silver beet, H2O2 one now. Let us know how your prac goes because it's bound to come up in our schools sooner or later.
jodye
Suburb: central coast

Post by jodye »

We use green capsicum as our catalase, with 6 %( or sometimes 3% ) H2O2. Works great every time.