van der graaf manual

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

van der graaf manual

Post by RosalieL »

Does anyone have the Van der Graaf from MTA code SER1052222? I can't find a manual for ours either paper copy or online. Failing that, if you can find a model number or something on your machine I could try looking that up. I can't find one on ours...

Thanks!
Rosalie
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Re: van der graaf manual

Post by bigmack »

On the MTA website that sells them , there is a PDF instructions to down load but it looks rather generic .
https://www.teaching.com.au/product/SER1052222#
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

Science ASSIST has an SOP for demonstrating the van de graaff generator. Comes with safety notes and operating procedures.
Make a couple of copies so that if one of your teachers walks off with the information you have another set tucked safely away. This site also has other SOP's which I have downloaded and stored in an SOP folder. Biology SOP's for dissections I have in a filing cabinet in the Biology prep room. One can never have enough information stored.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

ours is an IEC EM 4134-101 and the old one is Cat No 4142-001 What is the problem? They are pretty straight forward but once everything starts to fail, (belt, brushes etc) worth getting a new one. I struggled with ours for years, we eventually bought a new one and it's amazing.
RosalieL

Post by RosalieL »

Thanks all. It's just different to the ones I've used previously. There's no hole to stand the wand in and has an alligator clip and banana plug attached. I was just wanting to make sure we were setting it up correctly. It has worked well so I guess we did!
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

RosalieL wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 12:21 Does anyone have the Van der Graaf from MTA code SER1052222? I can't find a manual for ours either paper copy or online. Failing that, if you can find a model number or something on your machine I could try looking that up. I can't find one on ours...

Thanks!
Rosalie
can i grab your email address and i will send it to you
RosalieL

Post by RosalieL »

kimmy wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 08:00
can i grab your email address and i will send it to you
[/quote]