End User Declaration

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: End User Declaration

Post by Merilyn1 »

A friend of mine found something on Science Assist which clearly says that lab assistants should not sign an EUD. It should be completed by someone higher in the organisation, such as the faculty head.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

Now if I had only gone to Science Assist to start with I wouldn't have spent so much time looking for info on EUD's. Cause there it was at the bottom of their response about potassium iodide, the very document that I thought I had been so clever to find on the internet. :coffee: Anyhow the information regarding chemicals is useful. At least it helps to clarify what I need to know for my job.
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Ha! I got as far as thinking about posting the question to them. Would have been even better if I'd done a search! Another reason to keep logging into Science Assist as if we don't use it we will lose it :-(
ELIZABETH
School: O'Connor Catholic College
Suburb: Armidale

Post by ELIZABETH »

I just spoke to the principal about this and she signed on the spot.
(Helps that she's a science teacher, I think).
Cheers
Westlab - Alice
Job Title: Product Manager
School: Westlab Pty Ltd
Suburb: MITCHELL PARK
State/Location: VIC

Post by Westlab - Alice »

Lyn wrote: 03 Mar 2020, 14:32 Check this site out : EUD - Science Industry Australia. There is a document there that outlines chemicals and equipment and the requirement of EUD's for different categories. Cat 1 chemicals require an EUD for each purchase and can only be sold to 'account customers'. Cat 2 chemicals - if you are an established 'account customer' then an EUD is not required but non-account customers are required to provide an EUD. Cat 3 chemicals - it is up to the supplier to assess if the buyer is legitimate and act accordingly. I think most of us would fall into Cat 2 with our calcium, magnesium and sodium metals etc. So if the school already has a well established account with the supplier then there would be no need for the EUD. At least that is my understanding of this information in this document - "Code of Practice for Supply Diversion into Illicit Drug Manufacture". This version of the Code is dated 2007. Publication date was Oct 2008 with a review date of Oct 2009. So there may have been further updates since then. If anyone has a more recent update available let us know. At least this one can give us some idea of what we are dealing with in the meantime.
Even if a school is an account customer, we do require proof of ID of the contact person for each order. This is forwarded through to the Police Dept. Note that different states have different regulations regarding End User Declarations.
ALICE ELFORD
Product Manager
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alice-elford/
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Thank you Westlab
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

I'll stick with my original advice - labbies should not be signing this document. We do not have that level of authority. Best to pass it onto your supervisor/coordinator/business manager etc.
Prima
Job Title: Lab assistant

Post by Prima »

Westlab - Alice wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 09:26 Even if a school is an account customer, we do require proof of ID of the contact person for each order. This is forwarded through to the Police Dept. Note that different states have different regulations regarding End User Declarations.
Alice/Westlab - is there a link to all the products (chemicals and equipment) that will require an End User Declaration? It would be easier to order multiple items at the same time, and get the form signed just once. Thanks
Westlab - Alice

Prima wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 14:12
Westlab - Alice wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 09:26 Even if a school is an account customer, we do require proof of ID of the contact person for each order. This is forwarded through to the Police Dept. Note that different states have different regulations regarding End User Declarations.
Alice/Westlab - is there a link to all the products (chemicals and equipment) that will require an End User Declaration? It would be easier to order multiple items at the same time, and get the form signed just once. Thanks
Hello Pnina,

I am currently updating the website for End User Required Chemicals. All product titles that need an EUD approved, state EUD Required.

Please see link: https://www.westlab.com.au/search/eud/0/1/1
ALICE ELFORD
Product Manager
superbug

Post by superbug »

Hi Alice
the link with EUD does not work. could you post the chemicals as an word attachment or write the list please?
thanks
Westlab - Alice

Please see list of our current EUD Required Chemicals that are online - https://www.westlab.com.au/chemicals/eu ... chemicals/.

To access the End User Declaration document and the list of chemicals quickly - visit our resources tab - https://www.westlab.com.au/resources
ALICE ELFORD
Product Manager
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland

Post by mtg »

Interesting. Hope we can be kept up to date with these regulations. What sort of chemicals? I have never seen an EUD request. Back in the day we had to have a poisons certificate (in Victoria). As a school and given the non-commercial quantities ordered I understood we were exempt from many regulations, However things change and as a part timer it's good to have this forum to keep us informed. I would give the EUD to my HOD.
Westlab - Alice

mtg wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 15:14 Interesting. Hope we can be kept up to date with these regulations. What sort of chemicals? I have never seen an EUD request. Back in the day we had to have a poisons certificate (in Victoria). As a school and given the non-commercial quantities ordered I understood we were exempt from many regulations, However things change and as a part timer it's good to have this forum to keep us informed. I would give the EUD to my HOD.
Heres some that qualify for EUDs:
AA069-2-5L Acetic Anhydride AR - EUD Required
AA069-500M Acetic Anhydride AR - EUD Required
PI01232500 Pyridine AR, ACS - EUD Required
AL073-500M Acetaldehyde LR - EUD Required
BL046-500ML Benzaldehyde LR - EUD Required
FA010-2-5L-P Formaldehyde Solution 37/10 AR (HDPE Bottle) - EUD Required
FA010-20L-P Formaldehyde Solution 37/10 AR (Plastic Drum) - EUD Required
FA010-500M Formaldehyde Solution 37/10 AR - EUD Required
CL021-100G Calcium Dry Granules LR - EUD Required
CT021-100G Calcium Dry Granules TG - EUD Required
IA005-100G Iodine AR - EUD Required
CL221-100G Copper (I) Iodide LR - EUD Required
LL011-100G Lead Iodide LR - EUD Required
MA074-100G Mercury (II) Iodide, Red AR - EUD Required
PA001-100G Potassium Iodide AR - EUD Required
PA001-500G Potassium Iodide AR - EUD Required
PL001-100G Potassium Iodide LR - EUD Required
PL001-500G Potassium Iodide LR - EUD Required
PL001-5KG Potassium Iodide LR - EUD Required
SA073-100G Sodium Iodide AR - EUD Required
SA073-500G Sodium Iodide AR - EUD Required
MA00250250 Magnesium, Turnings, TG - EUD Required
ML031-100G Magnesium Powder LR - EUD Required
ML031-500G Magnesium Powder LR - EUD Required
MT032-25G Magnesium Ribbon TG - EUD Required
136250-0000 Mercury Collector - EUD Required
MA047-100G Mercury (II) Chloride Powder AR - EUD Required
MA074-100G Mercury (II) Iodide, Red AR - EUD Required
PA011-500G Potassium Nitrate Powder AR - EUD Required
PL011-500G Potassium Nitrate Powder LR - EUD Required
PL018-500G Potassium Dichromate LR - EUD Required
PL019-500G Potassium Chromate LR - EUD Required
PL092-100G Potassium Metal LR (in Liquid Paraffin) - EUD Required
PL092-10G Potassium Metal LR (in Liquid Paraffin) - EUD Required
SL074-100G Sodium LR, 2cm Cubes in Paraffin - EUD Required
SL074-500G Sodium Metal LR (in liquid paraffin) 2cm Cubes - EUD Required
ALICE ELFORD
Product Manager
Prima
Job Title: Lab assistant

Post by Prima »

Thanks Alice!
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

So... After nearly 2 years since this thread, what are you doing about EUDs? I have just encountered my first one. We don't have a HOD.
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hi Alice,

I have to say that I ordered a chemical last week from you after cancelling with a another company. Your EUD was so much more straight forward, order was in stock not being sent from another company who didn't have it in stock, and had failed to notify us 1 month down the track. The order arrived 2 business day after order was placed, to regional NSW.

Very happy
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

RosalieL wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 10:32 So... After nearly 2 years since this thread, what are you doing about EUDs? I have just encountered my first one. We don't have a HOD.
I would say whoever is going to use the chemical, that's what we did.
Westlab - Alice

macca wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 11:06 Hi Alice,

I have to say that I ordered a chemical last week from you after cancelling with a another company. Your EUD was so much more straight forward, order was in stock not being sent from another company who didn't have it in stock, and had failed to notify us 1 month down the track. The order arrived 2 business day after order was placed, to regional NSW.

Very happy
I appreciate the feedback - we have made the 2022 form a bit easier to read.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
ALICE ELFORD
Product Manager
jodye
Suburb: central coast

Post by jodye »

Hi, I've just gone through this and because I placed the order for the Mg Ribbon, I was told I had to sign the EUD not my business manager or HOD. This was going through MTA ( formally known as Seratta ). I don't feel comfortable about it because I'm not the one that will be using it.
I wonder what the legal ramifications are, not that I would think any of my teachers would do anything illegal with any of the chemicals, but who knows.
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

No way! Do not sign it. You have to guarantee what it will be used for once it is in the possession of the school. We don't have control over what teachers do, who has access to your chemicals. Everywhere I have worked, the maintenance team have a master key and can access the chem store. I don't have control over those people.
Also, I understand it is the person purchasing the chemical who needs to sign off on it. We don't purchase the chemical, the school does. (Business entities are the same as a "person" legally). So someone representing the school, who has control over the finances should sign the declaration. In my case, it would be our Business Manager. If your BM refuses to sign, don't purchase. Simple.

This is definitely a job for someone on a much, much higher pay rate to us.