water bath

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Lava girl
State/Location: SA

water bath

Post by Lava girl »

Hi all,
I am looking at getting another water bath for our school. We have an IEC one that sits over a power pack. Does anyone have a nanoheat one and would you recommend it?
Thanks,
Kim
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: water bath

Post by Merilyn1 »

I had a nanoheat one at my last school. From memory, although it worked okay, the teachers didn't like using it as it could appear a bit complicated to get working. I would put the money towards the larger water bath which are easy to operate and have a far greater capacity.
Lava girl
State/Location: SA

Post by Lava girl »

Thanks for your advice Merilyn.
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

I am probably a bit late jumping on the boat here, but I need some help with my Nanoheat hotplate. I have never had an instructions book, as the afternoon that I first got it (several years ago now!) the cleaners tossed out the instruction book before I had a chance to read it!! I used to be able to figure it all out just by pressing buttons, but as I get older, my deductive abilities are slowing down and I find instruction books are becoming more necessary! (oh for the days when I could set the timer on a VHS video recorder)
Does anybody out there have an instruction book for the Nanoheat Hotplate that they could scan and send me?
Thanks
Ian
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Hi Ian
Try emailing Robyn. The instructions were stored with the one they have there - although that's a couple of years ago now. Have you tried doing an internet search?
Honestly, I think setting the timer on the VHS recorder was easier than operating that hot plate!
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Merilyn1 wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 07:40 Honestly, I think setting the timer on the VHS recorder was easier than operating that hot plate!
:cheesy: Funny stuff Merilyn ....needed a good laugh today
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

bigmack wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 09:31
Merilyn1 wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 07:40 Honestly, I think setting the timer on the VHS recorder was easier than operating that hot plate!
:cheesy: Funny stuff Merilyn ....needed a good laugh today
And remember how many times you thought you had it right, only to find you had either recorded the next program, or worse, not recorded the last 10 mins!
Milo
State/Location: ACT

Post by Milo »

I've got a Nanoheat hot plate as well, and also find it baffling to operate. I don't know where my manual is either. You could try emailing the company that makes them perhaps? Their website: http://www.ames.hk/en
harveyradar
State/Location: VIC

Post by harveyradar »

Firstly I must disclose that I commercially repair these hotplates in Victoria.

I have put the original instructions up at
http://principlespractice.com.au/manuals.html

The main thing to remember in using them is the MODE key is your main friend - step it though each mode each time you want to operate it.
It goes through the following modes
Mode 1 = 180 degrees
Mode 2 = 270 degrees
Mode 3 = 360 degrees
Mode 4 = 30 to 90 degrees in 10 degree increments (or 1 degree increments with temperature probe connected) using the UP/DOWN keys

The LOCK key uses a toggling operation but you have to press for 3 sec press to turn it off.

hope that helps
Harvey
Milo
State/Location: ACT

Post by Milo »

Thanks Harvey, that's fantastic!