Whiteboard Erasers

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Lorikeet
Job Title: Purveyor of stuff
School: Broughton Anglican College
Suburb: Menangle
State/Location: NSW

Whiteboard Erasers

Post by Lorikeet »

Ok - not very sciency I know ... but I am at wits end with useless white board erasers ... Do you order stationary for your department ??? Have you got a tried and tested - lasts more than a term - whiteboard eraser ?? Happy to hear all suggestions ... [-o<
With thanks Kate :coffee:
Prima
Job Title: Lab assistant

Re: Whiteboard Erasers

Post by Prima »

We get the OfficeMax brand magnetic ones as well as the boxes of refills for them. The teachers don't replace the pad often enough and sometimes just ask for a new eraser! But the erasers do generally last a year or two.
On the subject, we have found the best whiteboard markers are Artline 577 - they last a whole lot longer than most of the others we have tried.
Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet »

Prima wrote:We get the OfficeMax brand magnetic ones as well as the boxes of refills for them.
Can you give me a product number or photo of the box - we have officemax ones and they were new at start of term and now all they do is push the ink around on the board and leave smear marks etc ... its like its oily ...
Prima

Post by Prima »

OfficeMax Magnetic Whiteboard & Chalkboard Eraser, Code: 2285215
OfficeMax Whiteboard Eraser Pad Refill, Pack of 6, Code: 1482440

Hope they're better than what you are currently using, which might be the Quartet brand you can also get from OfficeMax?
Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet »

No I bought these one product code : 1984047 so not refillable ... i have already replaced most this term - and they were brand new .. We had them last year and were fine .. might buy one and see how it travels ... thanks for info
Prima

Post by Prima »

I bought some of those by mistake and most staff didn't like them, they are too small! (the same size as a mouse - as in the device to move the cursor!) They're better for a small whiteboard, not a big classroom whiteboard. Good luck!
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

We have had nothing but smeary ghosty white boards for over two years now . Tried several different erasers , clothes , liquid spray white board cleaners ..... nothing would work .

Problem began when O'l mate switched to Staedtler whiteboard markers 'cos they were a heck of a lot cheaper .

HT demanded we buy Artline 500A .... problem solved .

Now what to do with over 50 Staedtler white board markers :crazy:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

sell to our dept that still use staedtler, we had so many diffrent whiteboard in our school, each dept used diffrent markers. Which is a problem in its self, if the teacher was useing the science class room, from say Art, they would use their marker, and the boards where a right mess.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

We are trialling micro fibre cloths, so far they are working a treat!
They are pretty easy to clean, I just wash them in the prep rooms with hot water and suds, bit of a soak, bit of a rub and they come out reasonably clean!
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail: