Turn around time for Equipment orders?

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty
State/Location: NSW

Turn around time for Equipment orders?

Post by Ian »

I had an order delivered today, from Haines Educational..I had placed the order on 6th November LAST YEAR! (it is now 15th March) That is OVER FOUR MONTHS from order to delivery. Is that a normal turn around time for Haines? I think my last order from Serrata was filled quicker than that.

Cheers
Ian
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Turn around time for Equipment orders?

Post by Labbie »

Not like Haines at all, What did you order???
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by AnnNos »

My last Haines order came in 2 weeks. The only time they were late before this was when there were items on back order.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I ordered some test tube racks from Haines last year and waited a couple of months for them. When they showed up they had Serrata stickers on them! Normally a couple of weeks for Haines, though.
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

That is a ridiculously long time to wait!!! Did they contact you to let you know items were on back order?

Whenever we order from them, it normally takes a couple of weeks at the most.
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay
State/Location: TAS

Post by Wayne »

I placed an order with Serrata 17 November and still waiting for one item on back order.

At the opposite end of the scale I emailed a list of stationery and other items to our finance officer (he does the school ordering for that type of thing, I do all science specific items) at 10:24am yesterday and he delivered to my desk most of the items ordered at 12:57pm! The rest will arrive today.
Samantham

Post by Samantham »

Last year I placed an order with serrata for a magnetic needle in late January, I called in March to see where it was and was told it was on backorder. Called again in June and was told it was still on backorder and I hadn't specified if I wanted a north or south magnet ( :cheesy: :cheesy: ). At this point I cancelled the order because I thought it was obvious I wasn't going to get what I asked for nor in any time frame.

September the item arrives with the bill. I send it back because I've already found alternatives, and tell them under no circumstances was I going to pay for it including the $20 postage fee for something I posted back in an envelope.

Soooo...... My opinion of Serrata delivery time is not great, I mean 9 months!!!?
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Two years ago I ordered microscopes. I told this company I would not order them unless they had them in stock. Four months later, they were still waiting for them to be delivered from China, they had never had them in stock at the time they were ordered. I cancelled the order.
I always go through any items on back order at the start of Term 4. I contact the supplier and advise if I haven't received them by the end of November, they will be cancelled. I then follow through on this. Otherwise, I end up with items coming out of the following year's budget if they get delivered after the term has finished.
Lorikeet
Job Title: Purveyor of stuff
School: Broughton Anglican College
Suburb: Menangle

Post by Lorikeet »

Well Im still waiting on back order from Serrate from 17th January - {off to send a chaser email - again}
With thanks Kate :coffee:
tuesday
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tuesday »

Haines for me is really good and I have a quick turn around but Serrata is slow. I'm still waiting for things on back order from them,I've had to call them asking for a date the product will be arriving and then annoy them once that date has past. Takes up too much time that's needed to do my work in here. They used to be really good and reliable.
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay
State/Location: TAS

Post by Wayne »

The items I ordered 17 November last year finally arrived yesterday, only 4 months to get here!
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

It makes the slow boat from China look like a speedy option! :cheesy:
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

I started this thread, and to my knowledge I have never received an email to say there was a reply! Sorry if you feel like I have been ignoring you! I have just now, discovered that there have been 12 posts!

My order was just standard stuff. Beakers, test tube pegs, Stull caps, rare earth magnets,coverslips, microscope lamps, and some Phenyl Salicylate. The Phenyl Salicylate arrived in about 2 weeks, but I don't think there was any mention of back orders.

Maybe my order and Wayne's fell behind the desk or something, and they had to wait until they got new cleaners before the orders were found!? :crazy:

The dispatch clark may have been on LS leave, perhaps? :w00t: