Rubber Stoppers

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay
State/Location: TAS

Re: Rubber Stoppers

Post by Wayne »

macca wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 08:56 Maybe they should be paying for this!!

Bunsen tubing is great too sits flat on benches. Plus plastic tubes for stoppers no more cutting glass.
Did you know something back in February Macca? Saying that Westlab should be paying for this? :thumbup:
Westlab
State/Location: VIC

Post by Westlab »

annettegascoigne wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 10:37 Westlab's silicon green stoppers are the best invention. We have two sizes now and planning to get more. No more searching through tubs of dried out rubber stoppers for the right fit. They are worth the expense. I almost put a glass tube through my finger a year ago trying to insert it into a rubber stopper. The new uni stoppers with holes are so easy to fit glass tubing into, and also remove for cleaning.
Thanks Annette, Macca and everyone else for the kind words :wub:
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Post by cactus155 »

Hi all late to the party of the Westlab Stoppers, so late I just ordered them today. This is after the Chemistry Class trying to find the Molar Volume of Hydrogen and the gas syringes leaking, most likely from the degraded rubber stoppers attached. However, as they wish to do it again tomorrow I have been busy in the woodwork area using the drill press and finding a slightly larger diameter glass tube and almost putting it into my finger, I now have 2 working gas syringes, which should hopefully satisfy the 4 students and the Teacher that were annoyed that the experiment did not work today.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Post by Labbie »

Good for you Cactus, you did so well.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub: